• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Might have to withdraw from Gen Chem 2 what impact will this have?

TheUnknown123

2+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2018
I just took my first Gen Chem 2 exam and it was absolutely brutal. I got a 48% and many of my classmates had scored around a 60% (the average hasn't been posted yet). There was a death in my family a couple days ago and I haven't really been able to focus on my studies. The professor does not allow us to drop an exam there are 4 exams and each are a 100 points. The whole class is out of 750 points. If I have dug myself into a hole would it be a good idea to withdraw from the course eventually. I have never withdrew from a class before and I have maintained a good gpa (3.76 cumulative and science).If I do end up needing to withdraw I just want to know if this would hurt my chances at all.

macsak

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2018
I just took my first Gen Chem 2 exam and it was absolutely brutal. I got a 48% and many of my classmates had scored around a 60% (the average hasn't been posted yet). There was a death in my family a couple days ago and I haven't really been able to focus on my studies. The professor does not allow us to drop an exam there are 4 exams and each are a 100 points. The whole class is out of 750 points. If I have dug myself into a hole would it be a good idea to withdraw from the course eventually. I have never withdrew from a class before and I have maintained a good gpa (3.76 cumulative and science).If I do end up needing to withdraw I just want to know if this would hurt my chances at all.

many people withdraw from classes, one or two will not likely have too much effect on your application

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.