Mild Complaint - Wish I could UPDATE my CAF.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeneGoddess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out today that a research paper of mine was accepted for publication (woo-hoo!!!). It was sent off for consideration in late August and I just found out today. Well, I certified my CAF on Sept 1 and listed the paper as "manuscript submitted". And today, I spent quite some time sending a nice email out to all of the program directors to let them know about it. I just got a nice email from Stanford (the only place that hasn't downloaded my application) that congratulated me on the paper and asked that I "update my application to reflect the change". UGH!!! I sent back a quick email letting them know that I would love to change my CAF, but that I couldn't because it had already been "certified". I understand not changing your certified application (and not making programs download a new copy every time you change a punctuation mark), but I know that there are people out there who will get some new info that might make them look better and they may not be able to let the programs know. Oh well...

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the publication. My 2 cents says that the programs that care whether or not you have publications will print out your email update and add it to your file.