Missing residency evaluations: ACGME complaint?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trouble in paradise

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I am a senior resident and have noticed that my last semiannual was 2 years ago and I am missing about 10 block evaluations. My previous evaluations were good or better. I have brought up these concerns but it has not been well received. Should I be concerned? Should I truthfully fill out the ACGME survey? Any thoughts

Members don't see this ad.

Senior resident like, about to graduate in 3 months senior resident?

Be honest on the ACGME survey if you want, but drop it in person. Nothing good can come of you pressing the point - unless you want them to suddenly drop 2 years of awful evaluations all at once.

Reactions: 4 users
The ACGME survey is completely anonymous. We can see who didn't complete it (so we can torture them to do so) but the results are all aggregated. You should tell the truth on the survey.

Hello to all,
I am a senior resident and have noticed that my last semiannual was 2 years ago and I am missing about 10 block evaluations. My previous evaluations were good or better. I have brought up these concerns but it has not been well received. Should I be concerned? Should I truthfully fill out the ACGME survey? Any thoughts
They will likely know it’s you if you are the only person who has been bringing this point up. Totally up to you what you do with it.

Do you fill a complaint for missing evaluations?
They will likely know it’s you if you are the only person who has been bringing this point up. Totally up to you what you do with it.
Seems like a no win situation. I was suspended without being told for what other than moonlighting policy violation. Had permission and filled out in time for renewal but was going to receive written copy during semiannual., which never happened. Denied appeal due process and I am expecting the worse. No red flags in residency

Do you fill a complaint for missing evaluations?

Seems like a no win situation. I was suspended without being told for what other than moonlighting policy violation. Had permission and filled out in time for renewal but was going to receive written copy during semiannual., which never happened. Denied appeal due process and I am expecting the worse. No red flags in residency
That does not make sense. If you had permission, and filled out paperwork, then you were told you violated the moonlighting policy?

As is usual for SDN, information is missing. I'm on your side, before anything else, but, this does not make sense.

That does not make sense. If you had permission, and filled out paperwork, then you were told you violated the moonlighting policy?

As is usual for SDN, information is missing. I'm on your side, before anything else, but, this does not make sense.
Change of academic year. , completed renewal but hard copy was not given. I know it may sound ridiculous but the suspension was still handed. Long story short, dealing with it. Has anyone else had a similar scenario?

Change of academic year. , completed renewal but hard copy was not given. I know it may sound ridiculous but the suspension was still handed. Long story short, dealing with it. Has anyone else had a similar scenario?
Sounds like you got screwed. Please deal with it. In the big picture, this is a buncha BS. Be strong. We ARE with you!