Mildly Stressed..can you guys help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrazyPeds527

Admitted Scrubs Addict
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
So our school had a meeting for upcoming 4th years yesterday that got me more than a little anxious about ERAS/Interviewing/Match. So, I figured I would throw this out there for some thoughts from experienced folks on how competitive I might be for spots in an academic peds program...

USMLE Step 1 - 220/89
3rd year honors in Family, Surg, Peds Surg, Neuro, Medicine (High pass everything else including Peds)
LOTS of community service related to kids throughout college and med school
No research

Any thoughts are appreciated, i just need some calming words :rolleyes:

~Crazy

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,
So our school had a meeting for upcoming 4th years yesterday that got me more than a little anxious about ERAS/Interviewing/Match. So, I figured I would throw this out there for some thoughts from experienced folks on how competitive I might be for spots in an academic peds program...

USMLE Step 1 - 220/89
3rd year honors in Family, Surg, Peds Surg, Neuro, Medicine (High pass everything else including Peds)
No research

~Crazy
As a fellow upcoming 4th year, I just want to say "you're not alone." :)

No need to be stressed, from the looks of your brief info there. If you have been well liked on your rotations and can get some strong LOR's, I would think you'd be in very good shape for the Match.

You will do very well in the match. This next part I tell everyone who asks. Practicing interviewing at least once or at a program that you don't mind bombing an interview..apply to a range of programs from competitive to not (but only places that you would go to). Above all, smile..be positive, people respond to such things.

Good luck
Z

Hey all,

USMLE Step 1 - 220/89
No research

~Crazy

I think that you will find a good/excellent pediatric program. I might suggest doing a pediatric sub-I, and getting an excellent letter from that experience. Just focus on what can be changed and what you can do now to improve your chances. I would also concur only apply to places where you would be happy at and that have the opportunities you seek.