Military activities at USUHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mace1370

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a first year at USUHS right now, and overall I would say the amount of military activities we do is more than I expected coming in (military studies lectures, various training labs, Op Kerkeshner, etc.)

For those of you who have finished your time at USUHS, do these activities decrease/increase/or stay the same during your 2nd through 4th year? I know in 4th year we do Op Bushmaster and I think there are some military classes during second year. Is there anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm a first year at USUHS right now, and overall I would say the amount of military activities we do is more than I expected coming in (military studies lectures, various training labs, Op Kerkeshner, etc.)

For those of you who have finished your time at USUHS, do these activities decrease/increase/or stay the same during your 2nd through 4th year? I know in 4th year we do Op Bushmaster and I think there are some military classes during second year. Is there anything else?

Yes! It's called deployment. Enjoy the classes now b/c I assure you the "military activities" only increase after you graduate. But to answer your question...2nd year is about the same as 1st year. 3rd and 4th are rotations only with the exception of Bushmaster.

Last edited:

You mean you don't wanna learn about CHAMP (the Consortium for Health and Military Performance), aka another "prev-med" like organization that medical officers scam into, when they decide it's time to cop out of deployments and clinical medicine???

PM and I'd be delighted to share with you my tricks in dealing with such things. I can be creative. And identify yourself! (b/c you probably know who I am)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! It's called deployment. Enjoy the classes now b/c I assure you the "military activities" only increase after you graduate. But to answer your question...2nd year is about the same as 1st year. 3rd and 4th are rotations only with the exception of Bushmaster.

I didn't mean after I graduate (obviously we are all deploying). Anyways, thanks for the answer!

You will spend considerably less time doing military stuff second year. You take Mil Stud 2 in the fall, which is basically a complete regurgitation of Mil Stud 1 and a total waste of time...fewer credit hours though. Then no military-specific stuff until Bushmaster, which is actually done the summer after 3rd year/before 4th year.