Military HPSPs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phosphorus Ylide

Peace, love, and coffee.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know much about these? If you commit to active duty for the four years, are you in a relatively safe hospital environment or can they put you in the field? Anyone know of anyone who has experience with these?

Members don't see this ad.

There's a military medicine subforum where a lot of these questions should be answered and readily available.

But the military can do whatever they want with you. That 4 years can be turned into 7 with some GMO tours if they want.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a military medicine subforum where a lot of these questions should be answered and readily available.

But the military can do whatever they want with you. That 4 years can be turned into 7 with some GMO tours if they want.

that sucks.

Anyone know much about these? If you commit to active duty for the four years, are you in a relatively safe hospital environment or can they put you in the field? Anyone know of anyone who has experience with these?

I worked at a Naval Hospital for a some number of months and all of the surgeons on the ward were paying back that particular scholarship in service. The impression that I received was that they were pretty much trying to get through the 4+ years and get back to civilian life. My basic understanding is that the military pays for your schooling while at the same time you are in school you hold a specific military rank (meaning you get some of the benefits as an active duty personnel). You pay back in service what the military has paid (ie. you spend 4yrs in med school and you give 4 yrs. back). But like the other person who posted, once you swear in, you are pretty much owned by the military and they decide the whens and the wheres.