Military MSIII-should I do Intn'l elec. or US elec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wolverine1212

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a MS III on the Navy HPSP program, so pretty much I have to do 5 yrs of military service after I graduate from med school.

So my question- I'm interested in going into PM&R (in the US) after my active duty time, and in my 4th yr I have 5 wks to do PMR electives. Should I spend that time doing electives at US programs or should I spend 5 wks doing an international PMR elec? Since I won't be applying to PMR residencies this fall, will it help if I do US electives 5 yrs in advance?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
 
I am a Navy DMO that just matched for civ. PMR. I would suggest rotating at a program you may be interested in. You can do atleast one civillian rotation as a Navy intern as well. Get seen and make some contacts. As a GMO/DMO or FS you may be going through the MATCH from overseas or Iraq.