Military PT

Started by Sav13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sav13

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I was hoping someone could give me some information. I was originally planning on applying to the Army Baylor PT program. My uncle was a general in the Army and after visiting him and multiple hospitals on bases I really wanted to help rehab that kind of population. After much thought I decided to withdraw my app from the recruiter. However, I still would love to work on base somehow or even in VA hospitals. I know VA's hire civilian PTs but how do civilian PTs get jobs on base? This may change in the next 3 years (I will be attending the University of South Florida's DPT program this fall) but I would love to maybe have some insight so I can look into doing clinicals on base. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome thanks! I hope to (when I graduate 3 years from now) work with them so thanks for the help.