Military??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to both Western and Touro...I think I have decided that I am going to attend Touro. Are any of you involved in the military scholarship? I have a million questions, and could really use all of your help...I am seriously considering this option. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

SoCal,

Ask away and I'll see if I can help.

I'm active duty now and am trying to get my paperwork in order to apply for the scholarship. I will be at AZCOM next year if all goes well.

Cyndi

Thanks...I responded in the pre-osteo forum...

Members don't see this ad :)
Military scholarship - Health Professional Scholarship Program (HPSP) is a great deal. The military pays for tuition, school fees, and required books/equipment. The military also provides a monthly stipend for living. In return scholarship receipients owe 1 year of active duty service for each year the military funds. The service payback starts after residency is completed. Scholarship receipients are required to attempt a match with a military residency, however if the military cannot accomondate a student's training requirements the student can do a civilian residency.

HPSP's are hard to get because they are very competitive, but if you get one your tuition problems are solved.

Being a physician in the military is very different from being in the military. Medicine is medicine whether you are in the military or civilian world, so don't let movies about the military negatively influence your decision.

Are you in the Air Force program now? I am interested because this is the branch that I would want to go through.

I'm currently on the USAF HPSP and think it's a great deal!
Check out http://ci.afit.edu
This is the Air Force graduate education site. If you click on CIMJ on the top right corner it'll take you to the health professions area. There it will tell you a lot about the HPSP scholarship as well as OTS. I don't know if the Army or Navy have similar websites but I'm sure most of the information found there is similar since all moneys and stuff for all three services comes from Uncle Sam.
Hope this helps some-