Mini Multiple Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtran5t

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have an interview coming up on February 17th! The school said that the interview will be conducted in a Mini Multiple Interview format. Just wondering if anyone has gone through this type of interview format, and if you could give me any tips or feedback on how to prepare, I would very much appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I've done two interviews where they had this type of interviewing. You stand in front of the door you'll be interviewng in for approximately 1-2 mins and read a scenario question or personal question and you just discuss it with your interviewer with the allotted time (5 mins usually) and the move to the next door :) The benefits are that you can make multiple first impressions so if you fail at one, you can make it up with another interviewer. The scenario questions are also usually ethical questions so there is no right or wrong answer (as long as you have an answer!)

For preparation: You never know what kind of question they'll ask so try to have some stories from your pharmacy, academic, extracurricular, etc. experiences that could be used as an answer for multiple questions. You may not even get a question that you can even use your experience stories as an answer but it'll get you thinking about why you're going to answer the way you will for a specific question if that makes sense.

I've done two interviews where they had this type of interviewing. You stand in front of the door you'll be interviewng in for approximately 1-2 mins and read a scenario question or personal question and you just discuss it with your interviewer with the allotted time (5 mins usually) and the move to the next door :) The benefits are that you can make multiple first impressions so if you fail at one, you can make it up with another interviewer. The scenario questions are also usually ethical questions so there is no right or wrong answer (as long as you have an answer!)

For preparation: You never know what kind of question they'll ask so try to have some stories from your pharmacy, academic, extracurricular, etc. experiences that could be used as an answer for multiple questions. You may not even get a question that you can even use your experience stories as an answer but it'll get you thinking about why you're going to answer the way you will for a specific question if that makes sense.
Yes that makes sense! Just wondering did they ask you any basic types of questions like...
1. Why do you want to be a pharmacist?
2. What are your strengths or weaknesses?
Oh and how did you feel during and after the interview? Were you pretty nervous at the beginning and then settled in after a couple? Sorry, I'm just really nervous because this will be my first interview and I don't want to do bad!

Members don't see this ad :)
The first MMI I went to asked the "why do you want to be a pharmacist" question and a couple of simple scenario questions. The second MMI I went to were mostly ethical questions and about my "values" so I found that to be a bit more difficult but I always had an answer to the questions.

I felt really nervous for the first MMI but when I realized that the questions were easy to answer and each interviewer was kind, I didn't feel nervous at all. The second MMI I did (the ethical questions one) I was nervous throughout the whole MMI since I personally found the questions harder to answer but I guess I showed some kind of improvement or made some kind of impression since they accepted me.

The first MMI I went to asked the "why do you want to be a pharmacist" question and a couple of simple scenario questions. The second MMI I went to were mostly ethical questions and about my "values" so I found that to be a bit more difficult but I always had an answer to the questions.

I felt really nervous for the first MMI but when I realized that the questions were easy to answer and each interviewer was kind, I didn't feel nervous at all. The second MMI I did (the ethical questions one) I was nervous throughout the whole MMI since I personally found the questions harder to answer but I guess I showed some kind of improvement or made some kind of impression since they accepted me.
Oh okay thanks for the heads up! Just wondering, but what do you think the criteria's are that they judge you on in these type of interviews? Because my friend who interviewed last year said that they basically want to know that you aren't weird and are just a normal person. Or should I try to answer all of the questions with an intent on it being beneficial someway to me regarding pharmacy school?

I'm not completely sure what htey judge you on. I think it might be: did you have an answer and were you able to back up your answer (if it's opinionated). And it might be a little bit of what you said that they're checking to make sure you aren't weird lol. Not all of the questions will relate to benefiting you in pharmacy school. Like I said, it could be scenario questions completely unrelated to school work/work experience.