Minimizing Mistakes.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon0013

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont know why but I keep making the most idiotic mistakes. I have noticed I have a tendency to try to get through the passages on PS ASAP and hit the questions and it costs me a few questions that are just right there in the passage. In BS, I find myself just either tiring or not focusing...

THese mistakes/lapses are costing me 2-3 points in PS and BS everytime which adds up to at least 4 or 5 points...While I know that mistakes will be made what are some of the things that are helping you guys....

RIght now I know all the material well. I dont know what to do for the next week...I was originally planning on just reviewing but now I feel like I should still work on passages and try to get focused...

I'm also taking B-complex pills daily to help with stress (dont know how good those are)....I want to work on endurance and not wearing down and losing track...any suggestions for a snack in between sections?

Members don't see this ad.

DUDE!!!! Calm down...you're stressing ME out!!!

The reason you are doing these practice tests are to work the bugs out...better to do it now rather then on the real thing.

My suggestion...since you are confident with the material, don't do too much in the next week. Work on some areas that normally give you problems, but don't go crazy. You'll end up burning yourself out.

Snacks? fruit. Slower burning carbs then sugar so you wont have the crashes.

jon0013 said:
I dont know why but I keep making the most idiotic mistakes. I have noticed I have a tendency to try to get through the passages on PS ASAP and hit the questions and it costs me a few questions that are just right there in the passage. In BS, I find myself just either tiring or not focusing...

THese mistakes/lapses are costing me 2-3 points in PS and BS everytime which adds up to at least 4 or 5 points...While I know that mistakes will be made what are some of the things that are helping you guys....

RIght now I know all the material well. I dont know what to do for the next week...I was originally planning on just reviewing but now I feel like I should still work on passages and try to get focused...

I'm also taking B-complex pills daily to help with stress (dont know how good those are)....I want to work on endurance and not wearing down and losing track...any suggestions for a snack in between sections?

i'm starting to make stupid mistakes too-- i think it's from the stress.

if you feel like you really know the material, and you've been practicing a lot up til now, take it easy and review. i'm usually calm and cool in test taking situations, but in april, i was like an inbred rabbit on crack. so one goal i have to set for myself is not to flip out from the stress. if you want to practice, don't scale your raw score, and just use it as a refresher.

I was having the same problem. Now as I'm reading, I circle very very quickly anything that I know is important in the passage, and even stuff that is important to the question (like EXCEPT, NOT, units, velocity vs. speed, etc.). I think it's really helped me out on my focus, and I'm making a lot less simple mistakes. Y

ou might wanna test this out though, cause I'm sure I'm losing some time by doing all this writing.