Minimum GPA once youre in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Can I be Dpharm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a question. Once your in the program into the professional division and say your in your 3rd or 4th year overall. WHAT IS THE OVERALL GPA YOU HAVE TO KEEP. Is it that you have to maintain above a "2.0"GPA or "3.0". I am just wondering about other schools because Toledo requires you to have above "3.0" or you get kicked out!. SO what about other schools is it the same?? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys i have a question. Once your in the program into the professional division and say your in your 3rd or 4th year overall. WHAT IS THE OVERALL GPA YOU HAVE TO KEEP. Is it that you have to maintain above a "2.0"GPA or "3.0". I am just wondering about other schools because Toledo requires you to have above "3.0" or you get kicked out!. SO what about other schools is it the same?? :)

You really only need to post this in one (and only one) forum. And, it differs from school to school, but is generally 3.0. Do some research if you really want to know

At Midwestern you only need a 2.0/4.0 to graduate. Cs get you degrees!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe Oregon State is 2.0 or 2.2 out of 4.0. Again Cs get degrees

At UF it is 2.0, which isn't as easy as it sounds. Everyone who gets in has a good undergrad GPA, but not everyone makes it. The classes are much more difficult, but mainly the sheer volume of the work is what kills you.

Besides the GPA, if you get one failing grade you can repeat the year or just quit. If you get 4 D's, you have to repeat all the classes where you got D's or quit. In either of those cases, one more D and you are gone.

At UF if you get one failing grade you can repeat the year or just quit. If you get 4 D's, you have to repeat all the classes where you got D's or quit. In either of those cases, one more D and you are gone.

That sucks. So if you're taking 18 hours, 6 classes, both semesters and you receive 11 A's and 1 E that means you have to repeat both semesters? That's like a 3.67 GPA. I would be pissed.

That sucks. So if you're taking 18 hours, 6 classes, both semesters and you receive 11 A's and 1 E that means you have to repeat both semesters? That's like a 3.67 GPA. I would be pissed.

You only have to repeat the one class, but you aren't allowed to move forward with your class if it was a prereq. For instance, we have 6 semesters of therapeutics. If you make an E, you will have to repeat that class. You'll be able to take other classes on time the following year, if they don't conflict with the class you are repeating. You will graduate with the class one year behind you.

If the class was a single class, you may be able to stay with your existing class and just add that other class to your course load. However, the classes that people fail always seem to be the ones in a sequence.

Believe it or not, I bet the people around who you will stop at nothing to get an A will actually end up forcing you to try harder than you intend with a "attain minimum grades possible".

You say ah, no way, but trust me when all you're surrounded by is people continually studying, trying to obtain old questions to exams, scarfing down lunch to study inbetween breaks etc it starts to really play with your head.

I find it that way anyway. The minimum at my school is a 65% average, whatever that corresponds to.

65%? That's equivalent to a D...maybe the courses are more difficult in Canada? That doesn't make sense...I'm going to assume 65% is a C in Canada.

65%? That's equivalent to a D...maybe the courses are more difficult in Canada? That doesn't make sense...I'm going to assume 65% is a C in Canada.

It's the bottom end of a C, yeah. I have no idea about the difficulty of classes relative to another university - no one would unless they did two pharmacy degrees.

I have no idea!

No one in my class or any of the other classes around me ever was "let go" from school. I never even knew what my gpa was when I graduated nor did I keep track when I was there.

I guess it would be a C average since that is the general UC standard.

Cs get PharmDs as the saying goes...