Minimum grade for prereq? Scholl?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EternalShadow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a minimum grade for a pre req at all the podiatry schools? I know NYCPM has a minimum of a C- and Ohio has a minimum of a C.

Do schools like Scholl and Barry have a minimum? I can't find any on their websites.

I only ask because my last pre req is ochem 2 and I might get a D+. It will be the only low grade I have so should I drop it or just keep it so I can apply this summer. Thanks:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so I had this problem having a C- in physics. The only school that wouldn't accept that was Western, they wanted at least a C in the pre-reqs. Every other school still gave me an interview regardless. :)

As far as my experience goes, Barry doesn't have a minimum grade for prereqs. I got accepted there w/ scholarship and in the 'outstanding agreement' form (basically all the stuff you have to get done before matriculating) there was no mention of any prereqs I was lacking (even though I got below a C in one of my chem classes a while back). I also got accepted into AZ, Kent, and DMU, and AZ and DMU both have minimums of a C for all prereq courses. And that is only for matriculating after you get accepted, not for getting an interview or anything like that. I don't remember what Kent said. I can't comment on Scholl as I didn't apply there.

Also, just FYI, some schools will count biochemistry (if you get a C or above) in place of one of the organic chemistry classes. At least AZPod and DMU did for me. I got a C- in part 1 of o chem but a B+ in my biochem class and they took my 3 credits of biochem and counted it towards the 8 organic chemistry credits they require.
Don't know if you've taken biochem or not yet (guessing no since you're still in o chem?) but if you did or are going to then you might want to look more into this so you don't have to retake your o chem class. (And you don't need to have all of your prereqs done to apply, so if you do get that D+ it shouldn't set you back as far as applying goes.) Hope all this helps at least a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user