Minnesota vs. Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dontknowkarate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unfortuneately the interviews for Minnesota conflict with the dates for Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado and Einstein...how does Minnesota compare to these others in reputation and for BME (interested in tissue engineering/biomechanics/prosthetic devices)...which one would you drop in order to interview at Minnesota?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on all those interviews! First, I would contact all the school's to see if any can change. Chances are one will be open. If that does't work, I would look up the faculty I'd like to work with in those schools. If there is only one or two people, then I would put that school on the lower priority list. If that still doesn't work, I would record the (# pubs / lab size) * impact factor score for the faculty within the last several years and rank the schools from highest to lowest based on the averages. You can also weight each faculty score by "how much you'd like to work with them." But maybe thats too methodological :p

So I don't have anything to contribute in terms of your question, but I think we were both at UAB this week (and I think I have an idea of who you are). But good luck with the interview situation I just hope you go and get into those schools and go so I can go to UAB ha!