Minors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delilahfalls

Reaction score
I know someone has already kind of asked this question; however, I would just like others opinions. My major is biology for pre-dental, but I have a lot of different ideas for minors. I want to do what will help me the most without getting overwhelmed. I was considering the minors: Healthcare Administration, Spanish, or American Sign Language. I know that all will help me either with clientele or just my job in general, but what would be best without getting overwhelmed. I also thought about maybe double majoring or would that just be crazy???

Members don't see this ad.

Your minor does not really have an impact on admission considerations unless it's super unique and useful in dentistry. Honestly, your goal should be to get to dental school as easily as you can. Dental School is overwhelming in an itself; why make it even harder on yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
Keep it simple. Anything you add to your application is good for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think a minor will ever get you interviewed or accepted over another otherwise-similar candidate. If you want the education and can maintain grades go for it. I agree that Spanish would be far and away the most useful of your options.

Reactions: 1 users
No one cares about minors. I would even say majors don't even matter all that much, as long as you've taken all the necessary science classes and your gpa is good. Double major, also probably pointless unless you are doing it for yourself.

Reactions: 1 users
Healthcare admin won’t help you get into a school, but it would give you some good education that will help you in your career as a practice owner.

Major: who cares
Minor: who cares X2.

Good grades: everyone cares

• Haha
Healthcare admin won’t help you get into a school, but it would give you some good education that will help you in your career as a practice owner.
That's what I was thinking, but im not sure if i want to be a practice owner. Practice owning takes too much of your time up and I don't know if I want to give that much time up

I don’t think a minor will ever get you interviewed or accepted over another otherwise-similar candidate. If you want the education and can maintain grades go for it. I agree that Spanish would be far and away the most useful of your options.
I agree I think I'm going to minor in ASL and Spanish and if i change my mind i can double major in healthcare administration since it will basically need a bunch of sciences anyway and I'm already a bio major some of my prereqs may count for that.
Im a big overachiever I like to learn the most I can in short periods of time. I'm just worried I'll get to excited about possible majors and minors that I will over load myself.