Major and minors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Studentofdeen

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do double major or extra minors make much difference? Is it better to do a non science major?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Do double major or extra minors make much difference? Is it better to do a non science major?
Thanks

No at all, except for biomedical engineering apparently, all majors are seen equally. Do something that you like and can afford.

Reactions: 1 user
I majored in psychology. Like Marcos said above, schools don’t care if you major “biology” because everyone else does it. Set yourself apart from everyone and take your own path unless you really just want to do a major in biology, chemistry, etc. If it helps, while I did major in psychology, I took a couple extra biology courses that weren’t required for dental schools and succeeded in achieving an A (had a full tuition scholarship so I might as well take them). I still was interested in biology, but I just enjoyed psychology even more when it came to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your major is irrelevant. Major in something marketable like business and do the pre dental pre reqs. That way, if you don't get into an affordable dental school, you have something to fall back on.

Does an associates matter much?
I'm doing my undergrad and moved multiple states and colleges alot so getting an associates got difficult and somewhere along I had to repeat classes because they are different value in state. Does going back retaking a class just to get an associates, make a difference? Should i do that?
Thanks

Does an associates matter much?
I'm doing my undergrad and moved multiple states and colleges alot so getting an associates got difficult and somewhere along I had to repeat classes because they are different value in state. Does going back retaking a class just to get an associates, make a difference? Should i do that?
Thanks

no