MIPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pain Applicant1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone in here doing the MIPS thing? Which quality measures are you doing? Practice Fusion only supplies a handful of them so I'm asking about colonoscopies and mammograms.

It's the box-checking stuff like this that drives me crazy but OTOH several patients have now scheduled these screening tests so it's probably a good thing.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m retired but can asking about zoster vaccination status be used? Always amazed at how many folks have not been vaccinated or told about vaccine by primary care folks. This counseling really benefits patients.

I’m retired but can asking about zoster vaccination status be used? Always amazed at how many folks have not been vaccinated or told about vaccine by primary care folks. This counseling really benefits patients.
I think it can.

Congratulations on retirement? Are you willing to share how old you were when you retired? Being on the other side now what you do think about having retired? Was it the right move? How does it feel?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am now walking 3 miles every day to good effect on my cholesterol and fitness level. Things that would have bugged the **** out of me like waiting for a repairman or delivery for a few hours is no longer a concern. The extra time allows you to decompress and enjoy life more. I seem to still be quite busy but now with activities of my choosing.

The decision on timing is difficult. My Dad had a cousin who told him that when it is time to retire you will know. My father never understood that until he did. At the very least I strongly recommend cutting down to a four day work week if you can. Regular 3 day weekends are wonderful.

Years ago I was sitting in the OR doctors lounge with one of my partners when a 65+ year old OB-GYN on his second marriage to a younger woman with a young toddler bemoaned that he will never be able to retire. After he left my partner said that he should retire now. The OB will not be better able to afford to retire in 10 years so he might as well do it now. That comment always struck me as sage.

Reactions: 5 users
I dropped to 4 days per week to allow a new partner to get busier. However I don’t think I’ll ever go back to 5 now!

Reactions: 1 users
I dropped to 4 days per week to allow a new partner to get busier. However I don’t think I’ll ever go back to 5 now!
High five 🙌 I’m going to 4.5 in January with an eye on 4 and hiring a second pain doctor makes all the difference