Mirion tech. X-ray badge scam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stim4me

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just became aware of sky rocketing X-ray monitoring bill from mirion. Have been using this company for 9 years. They escalate your bill 10% per year without notice. A yearly bill of $400 in 2006 ramped up to $1100 per year. Once I realized this I changed to med pro for $380 per year for two sites and six badges... Called mirion back as a new customer and the same plan is $400 again... Total scam, they are hoping hospitals, asc, pp, are not paying attention... Keep your costs down.

Members don't see this ad.

That's odd. I use their instadose product and I pay $86.67/badge per year for 4 badges. Just renewed in the last month. A little more expensive than film badges but I love the fact that we don't need to deal with mailing badges every month, we just upload info on the computer. When I first bought them I was paying more per device.

That's odd. I use their instadose product and I pay $86.67/badge per year for 4 badges. Just renewed in the last month. A little more expensive than film badges but I love the fact that we don't need to deal with mailing badges every month, we just upload info on the computer. When I first bought them I was paying more per device.
Just be aware of the 10% cola they add every year... Renew your contracts every few years. Probably more important for larger practices