miscellaneous: fantasy football

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AA|FCB|DOC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an entering ms1 and I have a completely random question. I am a huge fan of fantasy football and I would love to be able to continue playing as I go through my years of medical school. Just wanted to see if any other medical students are in my boat and have been able to find time to play while in school. Thanks for any input

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on it. Granted, I never spend too much time watching/meddling with my team

Reactions: 1 user
Yes you will have time to play fantasy football. Not sure where this notion came from that med school will keep you from using the bathroom more than once a day.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you will have time to play fantasy football. Not sure where this notion came from that med school will keep you from using the bathroom more than once a day.

do you think it comes down to a sort of elitist attitude that can sometimes accompany med/pre-med students? not a knock at any individual person, and i would even go as far as to say that the majority of pre-med/med (but especially med) students don't feel elitist, but in general a lot of people (even outside of the entire medical realm) know that medicine is one of the harder careers to get into. so, that being said, the general mentality is that med school will be so incredibly hard (since it HAS to be right??) that you won't have time for anything else.

idk if any of that makes sense to anyone else lol. kind of rambling.

tldr
med school is hard
a (probably minority) group of med/pre-med students feel elitist
therefore they have to further capitalize hyperbole the difficulty by saying they dont' have time for anything else

Hi all,

I am an entering ms1 and I have a completely random question. I am a huge fan of fantasy football and I would love to be able to continue playing as I go through my years of medical school. Just wanted to see if any other medical students are in my boat and have been able to find time to play while in school. Thanks for any input
Watched football all day on Sundays during M1 and most of Saturdays. Going into M2, I think I'll have to cut back a little, but should still be able to watch a game a day. Just make the most of weekday studying. You have to put the books down at some point

Reactions: 1 users
Yea it's more than doable. Fantasy basketball got a little annoying because of the daily roster tweaks, but fantasy football is pretty easy timewise... the biggest issue is that you'll probably end up spending your sundays following your fantasy team players on tv, so your whole sunday will be gone. That isn't typically a problem in M1.

I had several classmates that were way into fantasy sports (specifically football and basketball) and organized a league with a prize pool and everything for all of the classes.

Med school is not some endeavor where all of your joys go to die. Yes, you will be busy and stressed, but you will still have time to do things like fantasy sports if you have any degree of time management skills. You might not have time to do 3 hours of research each day to set up your roster, but it's not as if your soul is trapped within lecture halls unable to leave.

Hi all,

Had 2 leagues, won one and finished 2nd in the other. So, yeah. Totally possible.