Misdemeanor and clinical placement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cam1992

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately got written a reckless driving ticket (a misdemeanor in my state) after being accepted to a program. Hoping it will be reduced in court coming up, but I'm thinking about all outcomes. I've let the program know, and it won't affect my acceptance, but I'm wondering if it will affect being placed for clinicals down the road.... has anyone had experiences with this? Freaking out a little...

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately got written a reckless driving ticket (a misdemeanor in my state) after being accepted to a program. Hoping it will be reduced in court coming up, but I'm thinking about all outcomes. I've let the program know, and it won't affect my acceptance, but I'm wondering if it will affect being placed for clinicals down the road.... has anyone had experiences with this? Freaking out a little...
I would think it would have no bearing on clinicals as long as you don't have any more. A home health agency might look into that but otherwise probably not.

I would think it would have no bearing on clinicals as long as you don't have any more. A home health agency might look into that but otherwise probably not.
Yeah my record is completely clean otherwise, but some of my research made me nervous about hospital settings (which I think we need time in for clinicals), so I am getting nervous. Best case scenario is it gets reduced and isn't a problem, but I just wanted to look at both ends of the spectrum! Thanks for your reply