Misfill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted945127

I work as tech at retail chain
I got text saying that i did a misfill from last year ,dispensed the wrong mg .
So pt has been taking it for almost a year now
I work prn there now so i really do not know how they handle and i feel worried about the pt .

How you deal with these mistakes !??
I know it is rph responsibility to 4point but i did the typing so i feel miserable .

i am trying to get my license to be pharmacist in US but with this ,i really think i need to reconsider if i should deal with pt health !!?
This was not my 1st mistake but it was not as serious as this one
i feel i should give my 2 weeks notice and just leave the pharmacy for good .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
to err is human. was there serious patient harm?
also the ultimate responsibility is with the pharmacist who verified it. as a tech you don't get paid enough to take the responsibility.
use this as a learning experience to be more careful in the future.

to err is human. was there serious patient harm?
also the ultimate responsibility is with the pharmacist who verified it. as a tech you don't get paid enough to take the responsibility.
use this as a learning experience to be more careful in the future.
Not sure how this affected the pt amd i really hope it did not
Rph said they will call dr monday

It is just i feel guilty and stupid about it
Bcuz it was a stupid error that not even a new hire would do

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Techs don’t have misfills. You had a typing error and the pharmacist had a misfill. It happens, it sucks, learn from it and move on.

Does WM only have data entry verified on initial fill, but not ever on refills? It seems odd that one misfill produced a year’s worth of the wrong med.

Not saying you shouldn’t feel bad and all, but this is really the pharmacist’s mistake. It’s our job to catch stuff like that. Seems kind of weird to me that they would send you a text message about something like that (?) but what do I know about how other companies conduct business.

Reactions: 2 users
Does WM only have data entry verified on initial fill, but not ever on refills? It seems odd that one misfill produced a year’s worth of the wrong med.

Per minimum effort required by policy, yes. I verify correct item in bottle vs. data entry vs. hard copy, but that’s going beyond policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.