mislabeled volunteering experience on amcas, should I worry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gatorade848

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just realized for a couple of volunteering experiences I categorized it as medical/clinical when in fact it is not. What should I do? contact the schools asap and tell them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just realized for a couple of volunteering experiences I categorized it as medical/clinical when in fact it is not. What should I do? contact the schools asap and tell them?

Those stinking' drop downs on AMCAS... Urgh!

I actually did something similar where I chose the wrong year for an activity. I ended up sending a quick email to some of the schools that said I made a minor mistake, where it was, and what the correction was.

You can also use this as a quick opportunity to remind schools that you are very interested.
 
I have complete descriptions so you can pretty much tell what the experience is by reading it; I havent received an interview yet but I just completed everything a month ago. I should just email them with corrections? and I have real clinical volunteer experience lol
 
I have complete descriptions so you can pretty much tell what the experience is by reading it; I havent received an interview yet but I just completed everything a month ago. I should just email them with corrections? and I have real clinical volunteer experience lol
Then I wouldn't worry about it. Mislabeled or inadequately labeled experiences aren't so uncommon. Adcomms will judge from the descriptions (many of which make clear there are multiple categories covered by what's written), not the label. So email, or not, as you wish.