Should I worry that I have bad social skills?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

McFarlanders

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m attending college as a freshman next year, but I don’t care about making friends. I’ve already screwed over myself these past four years, and I’m not sure if I should bother trying, apart from the professional aspect of learning to become a doctor.
 
I’m attending college as a freshman next year, but I don’t care about making friends. I’ve already screwed over myself these past four years, and I’m not sure if I should bother trying, apart from the professional aspect of learning to become a doctor.

Go to orientation and meet your college roommates and dormmates. We can revisit this topic.
 
So you're a 17 year-old with (allegedly) poor social skills? Well I never...

I'm saying this in the nicest way possible: you need to grow up. It's not there's anything wrong with you or anything. It's just that time has not afforded you the luxury of making mistakes, reflecting on them after some time, and growing as a person. Then having your brain assaulting you with these cringe memories involuntarily, then you cringe physically... startling your cat at 2AM.

Don't worry about stuff too much. Go to class get, good grades. Do some clubs and stuff. Don't be a jerk and you'll find your people.