Missed board registration deadline!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ricardo

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I cannot believe it happened. I have started studying for the boards. Signed up for review programs. Notified my advanced fellowship of the exam dates etc and then today realized that I failed to register before the deadline. I cannot believe I did this. It’s horrifying and embarrassing.

I know I’m stuck taking it next year but my question is, especially if I am seeking an academic cardiology job, will it hurt my job prospects if I will only be board eligible and not certified by my start date?
 
most jobs will have an expectation laid out for BC vs BE. For most places it's within 3-5 years of starting to become BC from BE.