missed classes for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SigurRos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate missing classes like any other anal pre-med who wants to well in courses, but of course this is a necessity during interview season. I was wondering how you all who are scheduling interviews are planning on making up for the lost time? I was thinking of having friends record lectures for me using one of those hand hell tape recorders, but maybe I'm being way too ocd. booya

Members don't see this ad.

I have a really good friend in my only Wednesday class, so he says he'll take really good notes for me on the days that I'm gone, and I'll talk to my professors about it. I'm trying to schedule interviews on like Wednesdays (cause I only miss one class, and can travel on Tuesday night and Thursday morning), and Fridays (cause I can travel Thursday night), but we'll see how well that holds up. I wouldn't mind doing Thursdays either, since I only have two classes, and they both meet on Tuesdays as well. Guess I'm just gonna have to make some more friends :)

Members don't see this ad :)
That's one more than me.

You only have one friend? Spoken like a true pre-med... :smuggrin:

Most of my friends are pre-meds (or pre-dents) and have no reason to take an introductory history course, which is one of my classes on Thursday. A good number of them will probably be in my other Thursday class, and I can name at least one that is (though he's more neurotic than I am, so I dunno if I consider him a 'friend':rolleyes:). I'll have to wait and see when school starts, though. :)

And the vast majority of my friends don't go to school in the state I live in, making it rather difficult for them to take notes in my classes...:laugh:

I hate missing classes like any other anal pre-med who wants to well in courses, but of course this is a necessity during interview season. I was wondering how you all who are scheduling interviews are planning on making up for the lost time? I was thinking of having friends record lectures for me using one of those hand hell tape recorders, but maybe I'm being way too ocd. booya

enjoy the time off and get a life... there's more to it than school.

I only have MWF classes, so I've been trying to schedule interviews on TTh and fly/drive there the night before after classes and then fly/drive home after the interview.

I only have MWF classes, so I've been trying to schedule interviews on TTh and fly/drive there the night before after classes and then fly/drive home after the interview.

Ironically I don't think I had an interview that wasn't on a MWF... Though with the exception of my first semester chem lab last year I did my best to rack up as many excused absences as possible.

maestro, I don't see how wanting to make up misesd work gives any inkling of the assumption I have no life or that it revolves solely around school. You need to relax a little and not jump on everyone at every possible opportunity. Your post adds little if nothing to the main content of this thread, so next time you ought to refrain from saying anything at all if you can't add anything constructive.

maestro, I don't see how wanting to make up misesd work gives any inkling of the assumption I have no life or that it revolves solely around school. You need to relax a little and not jump on everyone at every possible opportunity. Your post adds little if nothing to the main content of this thread, so next time you ought to refrain from saying anything at all if you can't add anything constructive.

wow dude, you're a freak. I can't believe somebody could be that worried about missing a class once or twice.

Folks, SDN's forums are for advice, not for attacking people. If you don't have anything constructive (positive or negative) to say, please move to another thread. Thanks. :)

wow dude, you're a freak. I can't believe somebody could be that worried about missing a class once or twice.

that's what med school does to ppl +pity+
I just hope I don't become that neurotic

One of the reasons for me applying after I graduate is to avoid this headache ;).

nah its not once or twice, I wouldn't care about that (unless of course I don't get any more interviews).

Anyways I am finding that they tend to be on MWF from the ones I have so far, so I'm glad I will at least be missing relatively lighter days.

that was my response. the semester i had interviews was awesome. get to skip classes legitimately just by telling the professor, "oh i'm gone for my med school interview at XXX on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday... oh yeah, we don't have classes on friday, right? so guess i won't here this wk. so long." good times:thumbup:

The problem comes if you mess up your fall/spring semesters because you were interviewing all the time and don't get in on that try. You now have ****ter grades and are a labeled re-applicant. We all have enough things to worry about.

that was my response. the semester i had interviews was awesome. get to skip classes legitimately just by telling the professor, "oh i'm gone for my med school interview at XXX on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday... oh yeah, we don't have classes on friday, right? so guess i won't here this wk. so long." good times:thumbup:

Why do you need a legitimate excuse to skip class? Do you go to high school part dos? I skip my easy classes fairly often and just get notes from friends, but I never need an excuse for it.....

Maybe my college is weird????

I hate missing classes like any other anal pre-med who wants to well in courses, but of course this is a necessity during interview season.

If they're offered, you could take auto-tutorial classes instead.