Missed Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaction score
Yesterday was my interview day at a school and I double-checked the portal in the morning, not realizing that a withdrawal I thought I performed a few weeks ago didn't actually go through. I should've paid more attention to having never received confirmation of my withdrawal but I was busy with classes and work and didn't notice that my withdrawal didn't actually go through.

Needless to say I was a no-show for my interview. I sent a sincere email to the admissions office profusely apologizing for inconveniencing the admissions office and the interviewers. The office replied saying they'd forward my message to the dean and told me good luck, wishing me my best. Should I be worried about this?

I understand my behavior was very unprofessional but do adcoms talk to each other about this or report no-shows like this to AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they technically can report interview no shows to AMCAS, but I think given what happened you have responded the best you could. I hope they decide not to do something like that given the situation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Can @Goro or @gyngyn weigh in? Is this something adcoms commonly report?
In the future... important communications should be sent in a format in which you retain some copy or evidence of the communication. Ie, always send an e-mail to leave a paper trail.

Reactions: 1 users
In the future... important communications should be sent in a format in which you retain some copy or evidence of the communication. Ie, always send an e-mail to leave a paper trail.

Yes I fully understand I should've made sure that my withdrawal successfully went through when I submitted it a few weeks ago.

Yesterday was my interview day at a school and I double-checked the portal in the morning, not realizing that a withdrawal I thought I performed a few weeks ago didn't actually go through. I should've paid more attention to having never received confirmation of my withdrawal but I was busy with classes and work and didn't notice that my withdrawal didn't actually go through.

Needless to say I was a no-show for my interview. I sent a sincere email to the admissions office profusely apologizing for inconveniencing the admissions office and the interviewers. The office replied saying they'd forward my message to the dean and told me good luck, wishing me my best. Should I be worried about this?

I understand my behavior was very unprofessional but do adcoms talk to each other about this or report no-shows like this to AMCAS?
Chill.
Answer is no.

Reactions: 1 user
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users

You’re fine! It was just a bit inconsiderate but things happen and you did the best to fix the problem and admitted fault.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I'm assuming you already have an acceptance somewhere else?...