Mission opportunities for undergrads

Started by wright6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wright6

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any short-term mission trips (1-2wks) that are physical therapy based and would take undergrads as part of their team?
 
We have a couple of opportunities here at USA, but those are for USA students only. Ask schools you're applying to if they have mission trips.

Kevin
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Check out www.islonline.org

I went on a two week physical therapy trip to Costa Rica and I loved it!!! We had two team leaders who were physical therapists in Costa Rica that traveled with us, and we got to work hands on with patients. It was an awesome opportunity! I know ISL does trips all over the place so you can choose from several locations.
 
Check out www.islonline.org

I went on a two week physical therapy trip to Costa Rica and I loved it!!! We had two team leaders who were physical therapists in Costa Rica that traveled with us, and we got to work hands on with patients. It was an awesome opportunity! I know ISL does trips all over the place so you can choose from several locations.

That sounds awesome. I'm looking for something just like this. Were you an undergrad when you went on the trip? I don't really have any more experience than what I have gotten from working as a PT Aide.
 
Check out students international. Great Organization and they have physical therapy based opportunities in South America.
 
I also went on the ISL trip to Costa Rica and highly recommend it! I went last June for two weeks right after I had graduated from undergrad in May. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about it!
 
Keep in mind the expense of these missions. They're great experience and they'll definitely enhance your resume and application, but are they worth $2k? I can think of a lot of other things I could do with $2k right now.

Kevin