Mississippi State vs Auburn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theservicepaws

MS State CVM C/O 2027
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
OOS for Mississippi, IS for Auburn, but tuition is the same (almost to the dollar) for each school so cost is not a factor in my decision. Do any current students have insight on the two schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m a first year at Mississippi right now and I LOVE the program ! The teaching staff all really want you to succeed and are there to help at every turn and the extra year of clinical experience is a big plus . I don’t know much about Auburn but I think Mississippi is a great program and won’t be a wrong choice if you pick it.

Auburn 3rd year here (went to Mississippi State for undergrad). Was also IS auburn, OOS MSU. Unless something DRASTIC has changed, they are most definitely not the same cost. For transparency, I pay about 11k/semester for IS tuition at auburn. I would’ve been paying about 25k/semester for OOS MSU. I got in at both and ultimately made my decision off of money, and I regret it. If finances are truly (doubly check!!!) the same - Mississippi state is absolutely the better program. DM me if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Auburn 3rd year here (went to Mississippi State for undergrad). Was also IS auburn, OOS MSU. Unless something DRASTIC has changed, they are most definitely not the same cost. For transparency, I pay about 11k/semester for IS tuition at auburn. I would’ve been paying about 25k/semester for OOS MSU. I got in at both and ultimately made my decision off of money, and I regret it. If finances are truly (doubly check!!!) the same - Mississippi state is absolutely the better program. DM me if you have any questions!

Ah…I am so glad you pointed this out! I originally misread their online tuition guidelines. Auburn’s 51K quote is accounting for room/board etc in the budget as well…Mississippi State’s is not accounting for anything but base tuition!

Can you explain why you think MSU is the better program? I just got into auburn and am waiting to hear from MSU but would love to hear why you think this.

Can you explain why you think MSU is the better program? I just got into auburn and am waiting to hear from MSU but would love to hear why you think this.
Hi! Feel free to DM me and we can chat.