General Admissions & OTCAS Missouri OT Programs

HLTH1015

Feb 28, 2019
  1. Pre-Occupational Therapy
    Hey guys! Just wanted to started a thread for those of us who are applying to programs in Missouri! I personally have applied to Cox, Missouri State University, Mizzou, Wash U and Maryville! I have only personally heard back from Mizzou to set up an interview.

HLTH1015

Feb 28, 2019
      What were your stats? I am applying to Cox, Maryville, and maybe Mizzou
      Major: Exercise Movement and Science
      GPA: 3.49
      GRE: 152V 148Q 4.0W

Observation Hours: 80 total in school, hand therapy, acute care and in home health settings

Extracurriculars: Intramural soccer, sorority (part of the community service committee and philanthropy committee), Club soccer ( made it to Nationals), honors fraternity, Animals Rights Club, Recreational Outdoor Club, participated in a health and wellness fair for low income communities, studied abroad, anatomy TA, etc.

Volunteer: Doctors Without Borders, Arc of the Ozark, Rivendale school for children with disabilities, Ronald McDonald House, Wreath layer for veteran cemeteries, Girls on the Run, Friends Against Hunger, Walk to End Alzheimers, Backstoppers

Employment: Babysitting, entrepreneur for a small crafting business while in school, Behavioral Tech, and Horse Handler

Certifications: Certified Exercise Physiologist, Registered Behavioral Tech, and CPR/AED

LOR: 1 OT, 1 employer, 1 Professor from a special ed course, 1 from my department head from my university, and 1 from a volunteer organization's leader (Backstoppers)

Applying: Maryville University in STL, Wash U, Mizzou, Missouri State University, and Cox College

Acceptances: Maryville

Waitlist: Wash U, Mizzou

Interviews: Mizzou (11/18)

Rejections:

Last edited:
      About the Ads

amullings

Aug 31, 2019
        Hi! What are all your thoughts on considering Wash U for school? I'm still debating and I would like to know what ya'll like/dislike!
        I'm thinking about a lot. I love the resources they provide and the faculty seem incredible. My goal is to be the best possible or and most prepared and really make a difference in the field. I feel like WashU can do that. I really want to take a visit. I know they do virtual meetings as well. I like the diversity of the students and know their reputation which is great. Plus they have great fieldwork sites from what I have read.

FutureDocOfOT

Nov 10, 2019
          I got a letter of acceptance from WashU today! Super excited, definitely going to have some tough decisions to make. Has anyone visited the campus/met with the faculty? If so, did you feel like it was worthwhile? I'm hoping to maybe fly out right after my finals end with hopes that visiting might help with making a decision... the only thing really holding me back as of right now is the cost

About the Ads

GottaGoOt

Nov 20, 2019
          1. DPT / OTD
            I got a letter of acceptance from WashU today! Super excited, definitely going to have some tough decisions to make. Has anyone visited the campus/met with the faculty? If so, did you feel like it was worthwhile? I'm hoping to maybe fly out right after my finals end with hopes that visiting might help with making a decision... the only thing really holding me back as of right now is the cost
            Did you apply OTD or MSOT? I applied OTD and still haven't heard anything

amullings

Aug 31, 2019
              So great to hear! What were your thoughts about the facilities/program?
              Also what did you/other people wear for it? Trying to pack now
              Everyone dressed informally for the most part, but still professional and cute. The facilities I really enjoyed it seemed like a lot of resources were available. The medical campus is really cool and so is main campus. And the students and faculty we met were impressive and reallying nice.

minnie122

Oct 6, 2019
                I was accepted to Wash U today!! I was also offered a grad assistantship - was anyone else? It didn't really provide much information so I assume that we get placed with a specific faculty later on.

Congrats! I was also offered a grad assistantship and haven’t been able to get much more info either but from what I gathered I think you’re right that we get placed with a faculty member when we get to campus.

pre-OTgirl

Apr 7, 2020
                  Hi! I am a pre-OT student that is about to start applying to schools. I am very interested in Wash U. If you have been accepted to Wash U, would you mind letting me see your stats just to see where I stand? Thank you!

Zomoneks

Jul 15, 2019
                    Hi! I am a pre-OT student that is about to start applying to schools. I am very interested in Wash U. If you have been accepted to Wash U, would you mind letting me see your stats just to see where I stand? Thank you!

Graduated from Illinois State. Major: Sociology. Cumulative GPA: 3.4 GRE Verbal: 151 GRE Quant: 147 GRE Writing: 4.0

Observation Hours: ~120 (out patient clinics, hospitals, peds clinic, nursing facility)

Volunteer Hours: ~100 Special Olympics, 45 Hours with Shirley Ryan AbilityLab

Nannied full time for a child with a heart transplant and babysat a child with a liver transplant

Applied/applying: North Central, Governor’s State, Midwestern (IL), Rush, Mount Mary, Milwaukee, Carroll, WashU, Davenport, Western Michigan

Interviews: North Central, Drake (declined), Western Michigan (declined), Midwestern IL (declined)
                    Acceptances: WashU, Governors State, Concordia Wisconsin, Lewis, Mount Mary, North Central, Maryville, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Davenport
                    Waitlist: Carroll,
                    Rejections: Rush

Hope this helps a little!!

Last edited:

taylorOT

Apr 3, 2020
                      Graduated from Illinois State. Major: Sociology. Cumulative GPA: 3.4 GRE Verbal: 151 GRE Quant: 147 GRE Writing: 4.0

Observation Hours: ~120 (out patient clinics, hospitals, peds clinic, nursing facility)

Volunteer Hours: ~100 Special Olympics, 45 Hours with Shirley Ryan AbilityLab

Nannied full time for a child with a heart transplant and babysat a child with a liver transplant

Applied/applying: North Central, Governor’s State, Midwestern (IL), Rush, Mount Mary, Milwaukee, Carroll, WashU, Davenport, Western Michigan

Interviews: North Central, Drake (declined), Western Michigan (declined), Midwestern IL (declined)
                      Acceptances: WashU, Governors State, Concordia Wisconsin, Lewis, Mount Mary
                      Waitlist: North Central, Carroll, Maryville
                      Rejections: Rush

Hope this helps a little!!

Have you heard from Milwaukee yet? I am still waiting to hear from them!

About the Ads
                      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      7. This thread is locked.