Missouri questions c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaineyLou

Reaction score
Hey all! Can anyone tell me more about being accepted OOS for Missouri? I'm super interested in the school and would love to hear more about the benefits or problems with attending this school. I'm most excited about their 2:2 program!

Cumulative GPA: 3.84
Science GPA: 3.85 ish
Last 45: 3.946

1241 companion animal experience
2770 companion vet experience
528 wildlife animal experience
300 wildlife vet experience
74 equine experience
10 equine vet experience
90 food animal experience

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all! Can anyone tell me more about being accepted OOS for Missouri? I'm super interested in the school and would love to hear more about the benefits or problems with attending this school. I'm most excited about their 2:2 program!

Cumulative GPA: 3.84
Science GPA: 3.85 ish
Last 45: 3.946

1241 companion animal experience
2770 companion vet experience
528 wildlife animal experience
300 wildlife vet experience
74 equine experience
10 equine vet experience
90 food animal experience
Hi! I was accepted and am attending vet school at mizzou this fall. I am OOS and the main reason I applied to this program is the 2:2 aspect and In state tuition after first year so it is very affordable compared to other OOS schools. I also fell in love with the school and faculty during my interview! I’m sure with your stats you would be in a very good place to at least get an interview if your LOR and essays are strong! They seem to really want to accept well rounded applicants, this was very apparent during my interview, as they were more interested in me as a person! They also were very interested in my research experience. My GPA was average at ~3.6 and had lots of other vet/animal experiences. PM me for any other questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think me not having research is going to hurt me? I had a research experience all lined up but it got cancelled because of COVID. I put it in my VMCAS explanation statement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think me not having research is going to hurt me? I had a research experience all lined up but it got cancelled because of COVID. I put it in my VMCAS explanation statement.
I wouldn’t think so, I’m sure research isn’t a deal breaker since you have other varied experiences and a competitive gpa! Also I’m guessing schools will be lenient with experiences due to COVID.

On the VMCAS app under the Questions tab the very last prompt is "Were there any other factors that influenced your decision to apply to MU not available in the previous question?" with 4000 characters allotted. This question is optional but does anyone know if it is actually a low-key "why this school" prompt that we should definitely respond to?

Ahhhh that’s what I was questioning! That’s great to know, thanks!

Ahhhh that’s what I was questioning! That’s great to know, thanks!
I don't actually know if it's important to answer! I'm hoping a previous applicant on here does though.

Oh I totally misread that! I think you may be right though. Hopefully someone on here knows for sure!

On the VMCAS app under the Questions tab the very last prompt is "Were there any other factors that influenced your decision to apply to MU not available in the previous question?" with 4000 characters allotted. This question is optional but does anyone know if it is actually a low-key "why this school" prompt that we should definitely respond to?
Soo I’m not exactly sure what the right answer is, but I did respond to this question, but very informally(not as an essay) I do feel like they want to know you have researched their program. I am interested in lab animal medicine And research so I said something along the lines of MU would provide me with great experiences and opportunities in this area

I wouldn't be worried about this, I had slightly lower GPAs, lower/less varied experience hours, and NO research and I was accepted.
I didn't answer this when I filled out my application and I don't think it hurt me, but there is no harm in discussing why you are interested in that school. They want students who have researched the school and truly WANT to attend that school.

I was waitlisted for Missouri out of state, does anyone have an idea if I have a chance getting in