Mistake on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

endowed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application 6/5 and just realized that I put one of my activities in the wrong category. Instead of clinical/medical, I accidentally categorized it as Non-medical/clinical. But in the description, I described how I had clinical experience such as bathing and feeding patients. Is this okay? This is the only clinical experience I have (270 hours) and I was wondering if some schools might assume that I have no clinical experience because it was categorized incorrectly. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You dun goof'd. If I were you, I'd seriously think about preparing a better app for next cycle. You're toast!

Just kidding!

I submitted my application 6/5 and just realized that I put one of my activities in the wrong category. Instead of clinical/medical, I accidentally categorized it as Non-medical/clinical. But in the description, I described how I had clinical experience such as bathing and feeding patients. Is this okay? This is the only clinical experience I have (270 hours) and I was wondering if some schools might assume that I have no clinical experience because it was categorized incorrectly. Thanks!
Some people will classify what is actually clinical experience as employment, military, etc, so anyone reading your application will likely notice that you simply mis-categorized your activity. I would not worry about it too much at this point, but mention the error and correct it in any update letters sent to schools who haven't interviewed you later on in the cycle if you send any (for the schools that interview you, I am sure they have looked closely enough at your application that calling it to their attention isn't necessary). :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
If you described it accurately, I'm sure adcoms will realize the mistake.

I submitted my application on July 7th and I just realized that I forgot to put the end date for one of my activities, so it is basically showing up as "Until Present" as if I was still doing the activity. The end date was suppossed to be Jan 2012, so it will make it 6 months over the actual period. Would anyone know how should I go about correcting the mistake? I have called the AMCAS, but they didn't help. I seriously do not want the schools to to think I am lying.

P.S. My primary has not been verified yet.

Send me a post card from the Caribbean when you get there.

Send me a post card from the Caribbean when you get there.
Is that suppossed to be a joke? Discouraging remark? If it is, I do not think it is helpful much which I though was the point of this discussion.

Is that suppossed to be a joke? Discouraging remark? If it is, I do not think it is helpful much which I though was the point of this discussion.

Discussion? The only discussion we should be having is whether you want to go to Antigua or the Dominica.