mistake on my application!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, i was worrying there was a mistake for a reason. i already submitted my app but have found a mistake :( one of my ec's says it starts 12/2002 instead of 12/2001. it's funny, because on my printed application it's correct but when i view it online now, it's wrong. i probably accidentally changed it at some point. oh well... i'll try not to dwell on it...

Members don't see this ad.

lola-
how are you viewing stuff online? aren't there red x's through quite a few sections that you can't go into?

When I submitted my application to TMDSAS (the Texas application service) my little sister got on the form and changed one of my answers. She figured that I would catch it and fix it (and she meant to tell me before I submitted it.) Well...I didn't catch it.

To the question: "What do you plan on doing between now and when medical school starts?" She had written: "I don't know. Got any suggestions?"

When I found it a WEEK later after I had submitted the entire thing, I nearly had a heart attack. Actually, I probably did. :p

Luckily, I called TMDSAS and explained the whole situation. Since they pretty much believed that no one in their right mind would put such an answer, they let me change it.

WHEW!
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW! That's quite a story! I would definitely have had a heart attack. Or kill my sister.

It was funny because they told me that I should at least kick her really, really hard. =P

Don't worry, Samoa. That happened to mine when I pasted my essay, too. I think any odd characters were converted to question marks. I think the med schools are going to see a *lot* of essays with question marks, and since AMCAS sends the apps out in electronic form, the schools will most likely be able to change the essays if they're not easily readable. I'm not sure if all schools will take the time to do this, but rest assured that others have weird punctuation errors, too. Plus, med scholl adcoms are none too happy with AMCAS after last year's fiasco, so they're be more likely to blame such a problem on AMCAS.

:wink: no worries!

~Alison