Wilf

7+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
I have seen a few people on here comment on the large number of mistakes in the Spiegel and Kenny Test Prep and Review Manual. Could those who have found mistakes post the question number and the mistake. It could be helpful for PRITE or board studying. Thanks.

Reactions: mopsych

SmallBird

7+ Year Member
May 3, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
I have seen a few people on here comment on the large number of mistakes in the Spiegel and Kenny Test Prep and Review Manual. Could those who have found mistakes post the question number and the mistake. It could be helpful for PRITE or board studying. Thanks.
I didn't notice any (although there may be), and it was literally the only book I used for boards - it really helped, with many questions being almost identical on the actual exam.

Aug 13, 2017
Status
Attending Physician
Anyone else have some mixed feelings bout the mental status exam q's from the video vignettes-

--for example vignette 3 with the frotteur-- to me he seemed overall cooperative. yes he was guarded and evasive but i would argue that their explanation for why he was not disinhibited actually applies more so to why he was not uncooperative. He didnt leave and eventually talked more about it later in the interview. Maybe my standards are set low but is there something i am missing here???
--for the borderline in vignette 1--to me she didnt seem "dysphoric". She seemed "anxious" (check out her hands) which wasn't an option, and i would argue blunted (also not an option) but dysphoric seems like a stretch. Best answer I felt by gestalt was incongruent, but again what am I missing???
--the schizoid/ocpd gem in vignette 4 (lol, amazing) got a little too riled up when talking about her "*****" of a neighbor to be called "flat" in my opinion...blunted at best. Also, she seemed off, and I would argue something smelled incongruent to me...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?