Mistakes on Coursework After PTCAS Verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frightened_Rabbit

Reaction score
Anyone else have this happen?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi!

I had this happen to me on my application. They changed my "behavioral neuroscience" class to neuroscience but changed the "behavioral neuroscience laboratory" to "behavioral science." They're the same class sequence but one is lecture and one is a lab. Tell me how that makes sense! I also had the same thing where I swear I put "lab only" for a class and it was changed to "lecture only."

Anyways, I sent PTCAS an email detailing all of the classes I thought should be changed and my reasoning as to why they should change them. PTCAS never sent me a reply email or notification, but I noticed a few days later that they changed all of the classes I wanted changed.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

I had this happen to me on my application. They changed my "behavioral neuroscience" class to neuroscience but changed the "behavioral neuroscience laboratory" to "behavioral science." They're the same class sequence but one is lecture and one is a lab. Tell me how that makes sense! I also had the same thing where I swear I put "lab only" for a class and it was changed to "lecture only."

Anyways, I sent PTCAS an email detailing all of the classes I thought should be changed and my reasoning as to why they should change them. PTCAS never sent me a reply email or notification, but I noticed a few days later that they changed all of the classes I wanted changed.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. Glad to know that it wasn’t just me. I’ll see if they change it in the next week or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard back from PTCAS. They said they can’t change it and that I’ll have to contact the schools directly to let them know. Oh joy

Same exact thing happened to me! Thanks for posting this or I never would have noticed
wow! So I am not the only one... I also had the same problem with PTCAS! I am pretty darn sure I selected lab for my AP1 and AP2, but it got changed to "lecture only".:(

This happened to me as well but PTCAS corrected all of the errors. It was extremely stressful though. I did end up contacting the schools I applied to just to let them know that there were errors in my coursework and they would be corrected.

So many people don't know this but you can go in and mark "lab only" etc after your stuff has been verified. I believe you just have to click edit on your transcript (you don't have to actually edit anything, just go through the process. Afterwards, you can go back to the transcript entry tab and "Review & Finalize" your transcript, taking you to the area where you can mark it so.

I did this literally 2 weeks ago after my app had been verified.

Heard back from PTCAS. They said they can’t change it and that I’ll have to contact the schools directly to let them know. Oh joy

I emailed the customer service with the changes I wanted and they changed it within a couple of days :) I would try this!

I emailed the customer service with the changes I wanted and they changed it within a couple of days :) I would try this!

Too late at this point. All the schools got back to me and said it was no big deal

I did originally email customer service though and described the changes that I thought should be made, but they said they couldn’t do anything...weird