Mizzou 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My BLS card expires in March 2009, so I "get" to recert this summer in order to have it expire "no earlier than May 15, 2009." Missed it by six weeks. Lucky me.

Just got off the phone to schedule my BLS recert. May 30th. $75 :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote Pam in the compliance office at Student Health asking about getting my immunizations up-to-date before school started (because even though I did undergrad and post-bacc at Mizzou and have taken a class a recently as last semester they seem to have lost my immunization documentation. :rolleyes:)

She replied, "We allow incoming Health Profession students to complete their requirements ahead of time as if the health fee was already in place." I'm at least getting my free TB test!

Got my Financial Aid package today...looks like lots of loans for me! :thumbdown:

I would expect the waitlist to start moving now that people know what Mizzou is offering them, money wise. Good luck waitlisters! :luck:

My thoughts exactly.

If anyone who just received their all-loan Mizzou fin aid package feels comfortable with it, could you ballpark the total amount of loans per year you got? I'm just asking so I can start comparing with other schools while I'm still on the Mizzou waitlist. Thanks.

If anyone who just received their all-loan Mizzou fin aid package feels comfortable with it, could you ballpark the total amount of loans per year you got? I'm just asking so I can start comparing with other schools while I'm still on the Mizzou waitlist. Thanks.

Sure. I'll PM ya.

I'm not uncomfortable saying that I got around $40,000 in federal loans plus $1000 in some scholarship. I'm not unhappy. I knew this would be the case, that's why I didn't pay a dime for undergraduate.

I was wondering if, since I've never been to Columbia except for my interview whether the JumpStart would be right for me. I may just go to get a feel for things, especially the campus.

As for a party during orientation, I'm thinking more and more that it just has to happen. I didn't realize the days would be long. And that sucks.

So it very well may happen. Consider yourself all the first invites. Now I just have to find somewhere to live...

Any suggestions from you guys that are familiar with CoMO?

I'm not uncomfortable saying that I got around $40,000 in federal loans plus $1000 in some scholarship. I'm not unhappy. I knew this would be the case, that's why I didn't pay a dime for undergraduate.

I was wondering if, since I've never been to Columbia except for my interview whether the JumpStart would be right for me. I may just go to get a feel for things, especially the campus.

As for a party during orientation, I'm thinking more and more that it just has to happen. I didn't realize the days would be long. And that sucks.

So it very well may happen. Consider yourself all the first invites. Now I just have to find somewhere to live...

Congrats on the scholarship!

Columbia is super easy to navigate. And there are apartments EVERYWHERE. I suggest looking in those little books they sent us, or check out www.apartmentfinder.com. Stay away from a places called The Reserve, Copper Beech, The Hill, and The Falls... they are infested w/ undergrads and super noisy.

And yes... we will need that party.

I wish I knew that I was definitely going to be at Mizzou... as of right now I am, but I'm on a WL for U of Rochester so I've gotta wait that out...

Funny. My best friend from high school lived at Copper Beech as an undergrad. I think he may be working in Columbia next year as a reporter, so I may get super lucky and have a roommate.

Lacrossefiend, while I support your waiting for Rochester, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't say forget them and go to Mizzou!

Plus, you'll miss my party if you're there...

Members don't see this ad :)
Lacrossefiend, while I support your waiting for Rochester, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't say forget them and go to Mizzou!

Plus, you'll miss my party if you're there...

haha I know I thought about that :laugh:

1 week till graduation! I feel :hardy:/:(

thanks for the well-wishing
as of friday we are at 14 off the list

same thing happened to me.. i just randomly decided to call on friday, after being disappointed on thursday

Maybe who ever answered the phones on Thursday was wrong.
Or maybe they accepted 5 more on Friday.... Either way, im feeling better about the pace.

haha I know I thought about that :laugh:

1 week till graduation! I feel :hardy:/:(

I'm with you on the ups and downs of graduating. I just did on Wednesday. It's surreal. And blinding from all the pictures...

Oh. And best of luck to everyone on the waitlist. Sounds encouraging based on the increased pace...

Wow... okay, we are definitely going to have to make a better design than that for our class...

I wouldn't worry too much about organizing a party during orientation. The M2's organize a TON of social activities during that week. Every night there was a chance to go out to the winery, on a float trip, to the bars, or other such shenanigans. Of course you could always throw an after party into the wee hours of the night.

Just got off the phone to schedule my BLS recert. May 30th. $75 :thumbdown:

fire department in columbia offers a cpr class for 2yrs certification for $35...its on June 9th if youre interested i can look up the number for you

fire department in columbia offers a cpr class for 2yrs certification for $35...its on June 9th if youre interested i can look up the number for you

I'm not available on the 9th or I'd be all over that! :(

Do/did you work CFD or BCFPD? I (used to) know quite a few fire people from when I worked the ambulance. Just curious if our paths might have crossed before.

I keep thinking that at some point I'll get a letter saying that the whole admission offer was a mistake, but today I got another big envelope: honor code contract, white coat order form, etc. I love these nice reassurances that they still have me on the books for this fall. :)

I keep thinking that at some point I'll get a letter saying that the whole admission offer was a mistake, but today I got another big envelope: honor code contract, white coat order form, etc. I love these nice reassurances that they still have me on the books for this fall. :)
Oooooooooooooooooohhhh!!!

Coats are sized for men, so you ladies will have to figure out how to convert your size 4's into man-o-metrics.
*snort* OK, sure.

So.. is anyone else going to join into this conversation, or are CF and I just going to have to entertain ourselves? I mean, I have no doubt that we can do it, but surely someone else has something random and Mizzou-related to say. Right?

*snort* OK, sure.

So.. is anyone else going to join into this conversation, or are CF and I just going to have to entertain ourselves? I mean, I have no doubt that we can do it, but surely someone else has something random and Mizzou-related to say. Right?

Am I still allowed? *sniff, sniff*

Do/did you work CFD or BCFPD? I (used to) know quite a few fire people from when I worked the ambulance. Just curious if our paths might have crossed before.[/quote]

Nahh i never worked there...just called into the medschool when i was setting up my certification and the lady told me i could get it done cheaper at cfd...might try checking dates for recertification...might be different...im sure our paths will cross while at mizzou :)

Talked myself into it. So looks like my pre-orientation orientation starts the 21st. :thumbup:

So anyone else planning on doing the pre-orientation? The more I think about it, the more I think it's a good idea... especially since I have no idea where anything is on the Mizzou campus.

Am I still allowed? *sniff, sniff*

I believe it was you who abandoned us for greener pastures. :(

So anyone else planning on doing the pre-orientation? The more I think about it, the more I think it's a good idea... especially since I have no idea where anything is on the Mizzou campus.

Yeah, I'm going. I can't really see a downside to it, and like you, I'm not very familiar with the campus or the city.

Aw you just make it sound like I'm an awful person now! :cry:
I did the same thing to my other school- no worries. :laugh:

Best of luck in Rochester, though- upstate NY and MO are definitely two different places! Just remember that NYCers don't think that's *really* NY. Yay for new adventures. :D

Yeah, I'm going. I can't really see a downside to it, and like you, I'm not very familiar with the campus or the city.

Yay!! :clap:

have you guys gotten your student ID info yet? mizzou emails? etc...

Aw you just make it sound like I'm an awful person now! :cry:

Did you officially withdraw yet? If not, then you can still hang out here :p

I'm sure Pingouin and the good ole Captain can make you a a permanent honorary member :)

have you guys gotten your student ID info yet? mizzou emails? etc...

Yes and no. About a month ago I got an email from Marivern saying that since I was a former Mizzou student, I already have a student number and a single sign-on (aka "pawprint") username/password. The email had instructions for resetting my password and logging into the myZou system to check finanical aid awards, etc.

I have no idea what the process is for people whom have never attended Mizzou before.

To make things a little weirder, I'm a UMR student (ahem... I mean Missouri S&T) and when I called the med school office to ask about this they said my sign-on username would stay the same but I might get a new student number.

Anywho, on an unrelated note- I decided to do the pre-orientation so I guess I'll be seeing you all on the 21st!

Did you officially withdraw yet? If not, then you can still hang out here :p

I'm sure Pingouin and the good ole Captain can make you a a permanent honorary member :)

I'm waiting on Rochester to verify they received my deposit and signed forms, and then I will send off my already written withdrawal email (trying to make this go as quickly as I can to help someone get off the list!)

Oh, and Pingouin, in case you needed info about white coats... Rochester wrote out size conversions for us:

Here is some information to assist women in ordering the correct size coat. If clothing size is: 4-6 (30-32); 8-10 (34-36); 12-14 (38-40); 16-18 (42-44); 20-20W (46-48); 22W-24W (50-52)

Anyone have tips for housing? I haven't spent any appreciable time in Columbia, so I don't know much about my way around. I just got off the phone with Ashley Ridge apartments people and they're sold out already.

I have the housing feedback list and am going through it, I guess I'd like to find someone that can point me at something within walking distance of the med school (and is hopefully still available).

If anyone is looking for a roommate, PM me (I'm also adding myself to the list in the admissions office soon).

anyone make that facebook group yet?

i could see this as a great avenue for people looking for roommates. At least this way you would know more about the person than just their screen name...

anyone make that facebook group yet?

i could see this as a great avenue for people looking for roommates. At least this way you would know more about the person than just their screen name...
I don't think anyone has, so you are MORE THAN WELCOME to do it. :D

On a related note, I'm going out this weekend to look for a place to live. Wish me luck. I'm open to listening to advice on which parts of town to/to not live in.

And lacrossefiend- thanks soooooooo much for the conversion chart! That helps a lot!