Mizzou 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A couple of weeks ago I got myself a new MacBook (2.4 GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD). I talked to some M4's before buying and they said to get whatever I wanted: PC or Mac, tablet or conventional, it doesn't matter.

I've never had a Mac before -- we mainly use Fujitsu tablets where I work -- so I wanted to give myself some time to adjust. Plus I had that 2008 Economic Stimulus check burning a hole in my pocket. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
does anyone else need to get a laptop or do you all have yours already? if so, what did you get? the MO tax holiday is 8/1-3, but I really don't want to wait that long..

I'm using the one I bought for my mcat prep class back in jan 07, hopefully it doesn't die on me the minute i take it to como. It was reasonably priced at sams when i got it, a laptop doesn't need much, though the lighter the better if you want to take it along places.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought a Dell XPS M1530 with a 2.5 GHz Processor and some other fancy numbers I can't remember. It's nice and it works well. That's all I ask for.

Also just got a new car. But maybe worse, I also just got 3 wisdom teeth removed. It hurts so f-ing bad. Glad to get it out of the way though. All doped up on codeine and my face is huge...

I bought a Dell XPS M1530 with a 2.5 GHz Processor and some other fancy numbers I can't remember. It's nice and it works well. That's all I ask for.

Also just got a new car. But maybe worse, I also just got 3 wisdom teeth removed. It hurts so f-ing bad. Glad to get it out of the way though. All doped up on codeine and my face is huge...

One word: VI-CO-DIN :thumbup:

(which is essentially codeine, so you're all good)

So are you easing into the new place over the next few weeks or going big bang and doing the whole move at once in mid-July?

Good question. Definitely no time to get out there until the weekend of the 4th, so I may bring some stuff out then. Big stuff will come out mid-July when the madre is in town to assist.. You don't, by any chance, know how to hook up a washer and dryer do you? :D

Whatcha driving? I drive a minivan -- a hazard of getting older and having kids of your own -- so I have to live vicariously through you guys!

I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago. I had a good experience. The versed wiped my memory so I can't remember the procedure and the narcs kept me pain free. The cotton balls made me feel like a chipmunk, though. Too bad my dentist lost his license later that year for a fentanyl addiction 'cause he did good work.

Ooo. Here's my minivan. Yum.
honda_odyssey_2004_t1.jpg

But this is my baby. Don't hesitate to make fun of me when it's January and I put on my "Michelin Man" suit and ride in to school. Everybody else does...
a_atlantic_500.jpg

In case anyone is curious they're up to number 63 on the waitlist.

It's a Chrysler 300. Not bad, can't complain. My roommates from college are visiting me in St. Louis this week (just got in last night). But then I'm moving to Columbia that next week. Anybody know of good furniture places there? I'm still thinking about ordering from Ikea in Chicago...

Members don't see this ad :)
10 days to Columbia..

And this heat is why I'm paying movers this time around. :oops:

8 days pour moi.

Hey, has anyone received information about the Jump Start schedule? I got the email yesterday about normal orientation (ha, and I like how the family-friendly activities we're noted on it...) but nothing so far about the week before it. Anyone?

8 days pour moi.

Hey, has anyone received information about the Jump Start schedule? I got the email yesterday about normal orientation (ha, and I like how the family-friendly activities we're noted on it...) but nothing so far about the week before it. Anyone?

It has been very quiet on the JumpStart front. A little too quiet.

no news on JumpStart- was just thinking of that today as I was packing some stuff up.

I'm moving a week from today :eek: and am officially no longer employed at any of my three jobs :eek: :eek: :eek:

Officially moved the opposite way of you guys today... everything is out of Columbia :(

Good luck w/ everything guys! :luck: I'll be sure to keep lurking ;)

I moved in this last sunday, did my CPR class (met a couple other M1s there), got most of my immunizations out of the way, and have just been looking around town. Today I plan on figuring out the bus system and making my way to the farmers market.

JumpStart tomorrow, 8am. :eek: I expect I'll be seeing some of you there. :thumbup:

I don't know about you guys, but the past couple of weeks have been a haze and I'm in total denial about the whole medical school, thing. It just hasn't sunk in and become "real" yet. I'm totally excited, but am I really starting medical school? It's too good to be true!

Just wanted to jump in here and wish everyone good luck with the JumpStart tomorrow!

I'm going to UIC (Rockford track) but pingouin is my dearest SDN friend (and a darn good real life one too!).

So I guess I'm an official fan of Mizzou 2012 LOL ;)

Good luck to everyone who's starting Jumpstart today. I'm lucky and get to sleep in for another week. I'll everyone in a week for orientation.

Good luck to everyone who's starting Jumpstart today. I'm lucky and get to sleep in for another week. I'll everyone in a week for orientation.

I wish I could sleep in. :( After day 1 of JumpStart all I can say is PBL is actually pretty hard when you don't know anything!

"Anyone know what an ejection click with a 2/6 midsystolic murmur on the right sternal border has to do with anything?"
"Yeah, uh, no clue. See, I'm pretty new to this medical schtick and that's kinda why I'm here."

We actually had homework last night. :eek: