Mizzou Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tegs15

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't get in this month. UM just sent an email indicating I was still in the pool but wasn't receiving an acceptance this month. Anybody heard anything else? :(

Members don't see this ad.

tegs15 said:
Well I didn't get in this month. UM just sent an email indicating I was still in the pool but wasn't receiving an acceptance this month. Anybody heard anything else? :(

I had started a thread about it yesterday. I didn't get in this month either.

Members don't see this ad :)
And do you have any idea how many people they take at one time?

tegs15 said:
And do you have any idea how many people they take at one time?

I interviewed on nov 9. Their memo says a "predetermined" number each month, which kind of blows, but I guess it's the fairest way to do it. So I don't know what the quota is, but I expect it is somewhere around 96/#of committee meetings total.

Did you guys get the email today? I haven't received anything yet. I'm not sure how many people they take each month, but they end up accepting about 200% of their class size, so the odds are definitely good if you get an interview.

SuzieQ3417 said:
Did you guys get the email today? I haven't received anything yet. I'm not sure how many people they take each month, but they end up accepting about 200% of their class size, so the odds are definitely good if you get an interview.

I think you're in if you haven't gotten the email yet! You survived! Congrats!

Even though they end up extending acceptances to ~200 people (by march, or through the summer, off of the waitlist) they still accept a predetermined amount each month right now to have JUST enough people to fill the class, and then at the end of the whole process, I bet they go pretty far down the waitlist. I just don't want to wait until that point!

ahumdinger said:
I think you're in if you haven't gotten the email yet! You survived! Congrats!
That would be awesome...but I'm not celebrating until I physically have a letter in my hand. Who knows, they might decide to email more people tomorrow or something! Good luck...I'm sure you won't have to wait until March to hear something. :luck:

FYI...Last year they went down to spot like 50 or something on the waitlist. They said that was a pretty normal number. The year before, they went all the way down to 77!!! That was not normal they said, but you never know what it will be like each year. So if you get waitlisted, you still have a pretty good shot.