MMI Prep resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LAURA RAY

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good day House,

Just wondering if anyone can share free resources to prep for MMI.

Thanks a million!

Members don't see this ad.

I watched YouTube videos for MMI before mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the Pre-Medical MD forum - there is a member doing free MMI prep over skype. I did this last night and it was very helpful

Check out the Pre-Medical MD forum - there is a member doing free MMI prep over skype. I did this last night and it was very helpful
oh cool. I'll do that too. Thanks so much!

U washington has some ethical dilemmas you can search for, and use as practice prompts.

Reactions: 1 users
Key prep for these interviews (and any other structured interview) is to have a practiced framework for answering specific types of questions.

For behavioral questions (“tell me about a time when...”) there are zillions of methods. Pick one you like and practice it. Personally I use the SOAR one:

Situation: one sentence
Obstacle/Objective: succinct statement of the central issue
Action: what you did
Result/Reflection: 1-2 sentences about what happened and maybe a thought about what you’d do differently or what you learned (if applicable).

Keeps it short and sweet and sets up a flow. So do all the others, so find your favorite and practice with some of the mmi practice sets.

Remember how these MMIs are made. You take the key traits desired in a medical student and then design questions to tease out how people have displayed those traits in the past or situational questions about how they might display them in the future. So there’s a finite array of topics to cover but an infinite number of ways to get at it. Even so, good prep should leave you ready to address 95% of them.

For the ethical questions, have a framework for these too. Learn the pillars of medical ethics and be able to tease out the central ideas in whatever scenario you get. Good ethical scenarios may not have a right answer but the key may be to see how well you’re able to consider all sides.

Reactions: 1 user
The pre-med playbook has some good stuff about MMI's. I also used the ultimate guide to the multiple mini interview by Hayk Hakobyan and found it helpful. FWIW, I did two MMI's and got acceptances to both schools.

Reactions: 1 user
The pre-med playbook has some good stuff about MMI's. I also used the ultimate guide to the multiple mini interview by Hayk Hakobyan and found it helpful. FWIW, I did two MMI's and got acceptances to both schools.

Thanks for those resources. Have a buddy preparing for MMI in Canada and have sent him these.