Mmpi-2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyDRxPnow

Clinical Psychology
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings all

Can anyone suggest books or any form of learning material that can help me in learning more about the MMPI 2, e.g. scoring, interpreting, report writing etc.

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

PsyDRxPnow said:
Greetings all

Can anyone suggest books or any form of learning material that can help me in learning more about the MMPI 2, e.g. scoring, interpreting, report writing etc.

Thank you in advance

Graham's MMPI2: Assessing Personality and Psychopathology is the gold standard. If you're a PsyD student, then skip his ad nauseam test construction details and go right for the clinical scales/ profile interpretation guide. If you are a PhD student, buy this book, give it a pet name and keep it with you at all times.

Butcher's Essentials of MMPI2 and MMPIA is ok, light weight and a better resource if your patient base is primarily YAVIS.

The MMPI (and its potential applications) is one of the things that set clinical psychology apart as a distinct and essential component of comprehensive health care. MD's can NOT do psychometric assessment (despite the misguided and misinformed medicare guidlines).

Pterion said:
Graham's MMPI2: Assessing Personality and Psychopathology is the gold standard. If you're a PsyD student, then skip his ad nauseam test construction details and go right for the clinical scales/ profile interpretation guide. If you are a PhD student, buy this book, give it a pet name and keep it with you at all times.

Butcher's Essentials of MMPI2 and MMPIA is ok, light weight and a better resource if your patient base is primarily YAVIS.

The MMPI (and its potential applications) is one of the things that set clinical psychology apart as a distinct and essential component of comprehensive health care. MD's can NOT do psychometric assessment (despite the misguided and misinformed medicare guidlines).

Most informative and accurate. I recently purchased the Graham's MMPI2: Assessing Personality and Psychopathology it was suggested by my professor. I found the book to be a good investment.

I second that motions that “MD's can NOT do psychometric assessment (despite the misguided and misinformed Medicare guidelines)”. Just because they have an older and more aggressive legislative lobbying that placed them on the Medicare guidelines does not imply in any way that they are proficient, never mind educated on administering and interpreting psychometric assessment.

Thanks