Mobile Nursing groups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thefootfixer

Reaction score
Just a general question here mostly geared to people who have undertaken mobile nursing work…

Is the salary actually viable for survival while a practice is ramping up? PPG, 360 care etc other a percentage of collections which seems decent. But then what if your homes are based in areas with crappy payors? U get a percetange of an already crappy reimbursement. I’m sure there’s other facilities that are comprised of a better payor mix.

I’m trying to figure out some options while a office grows. Trying to get a consensus from practitioners that have gone down this route

Members don't see this ad.

There are quite a few threads on this already. You could probably have most of your questions answered by looking back through those.

See the other threads. People who make a lot of money from nursing home care are V E R Y aggressive coders is the dominant theme.

I know you have to eat, but there's likely an argument to be made that anything that doesn't build your practice is working against you.

Reactions: 1 users
Just a general question here mostly geared to people who have undertaken mobile nursing work…

Is the salary actually viable for survival while a practice is ramping up? PPG, 360 care etc other a percentage of collections which seems decent. But then what if your homes are based in areas with crappy payors? U get a percetange of an already crappy reimbursement. I’m sure there’s other facilities that are comprised of a better payor mix.

I’m trying to figure out some options while a office grows. Trying to get a consensus from practitioners that have gone down this route
Best use of your time to grow your practice is for you do your own marketing. Go office door to office door meeting PCPs after PCPs and handing out your cards. If you have seen all the PCP in a 5 mile radius, then extend to 10 mile radius, 20 miles, 30 miles. Afterwards start again and see the same PCPs again and again starting from the 5 mile radius. Eventually the referrals will begin to come in and you grow your practice. You can't be doing nursing home and somehow expect your practice to grow by itself while you are away clipping toenails.

Think of this - 2-3 new patients coming in for ingrown procedure or heel pain or even wart will generate you more revenue that day than spending all day at the nursing homes clipping toenails for 20 bucks each.

Lastly, don't even suggest or think of taking free hospital ER call to "grow your practice". That method no longer works long term and only leads to burn out and frustration. Hospital ER call will make you "look busy" but then you have little revenue coming in.

Reactions: 1 users