Decided to slow my career down and do just mobile podiatry. Is it still worth the 500$ yearly to maintain my ABPM cert?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podvam

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are.... would it be dumb of me to let ABPM cert lapse or smart to save that money every year aas they make it more and more expensive to recert each time. I really don't see myself getting back into a practice form that requires me to apply for privs anywhere ever again. Just looking for opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

Board certifications are an important way to let people know that you're really good at clipping toenails.

Reactions: 3 users
I would recommend wasting the money, at least for a couple years, as a small insurance policy just incase your situation changes.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are.... would it be dumb of me to let ABPM cert lapse or smart to save that money every year aas they make it more and more expensive to recert each time.

The price hasn’t changed for almost 2 decades and there is no price increase planned in the foreseeable future.

Not sure where you are in your career, but if you’re a diplomate for 25 years, your dues is 50%.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This seems penny-wise-pound-foolish.

Every once in awhile someone posts on PM News claiming they are giving up their DEA because its too expensive. I don't get it. The cost of getting board certified is pretty dumb. Maintence just seems like the cost of doing business.

IMO as long as you are practicing you should maintain board cert .
Dont drop it.

This is such a podiatry thing to even ask. It’s like all of the DPMs complaining about $800 month EHR costs and instead spend $500 per month piece mealing together charts/RCM/etc systems. You’re talking about bringing in hundreds of thousands in revenue and you’re worried about a yearly $500 charge?

Last edited:
This is such a podiatry thing to even ask. It’s like all of the DPMs complaining about $800 month EHR costs and instead spend $500 per month piece meaning together charts/RCM/etc systems. You’re talking about bringing in hundreds of thousands in revenue and you’re worried about a yearly $500 charge?

This is what happens when a doctor makes a nurse’s salary.

Reactions: 1 users
If you are doing mobile podiatry, you are probably making $500 in one day, max 2 days. So I would say keep it. You never know what will happen in the future.