Mobility as a recent DMD graduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isabellas_herp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
He

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
WHAT? Go to your state school. This shouldn't even be a question with that massive difference in COA.

Reactions: 1 users
WHAT? Go to your state school. This shouldn't even be a question with that massive difference in COA.

But how easy is it for a dentist to find jobs in different states. Because ultimately I'd like to live in the Boston area and establish myself in that area.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it would be hard at all. Get licensed in that state and find a job. Prior to moving to Boston, contact some friends if you have them in that area and make some connections. Finding a job in another state is easier than erasing a 300k+ difference in debt.

At a cost difference of $350,000, you could hire a private jet to travel to Boston to interview for positions! My God, $550,000 vs. $200,000 of debt is a no-brainer. Just graduate and move there and take your time finding a job if you're so set on Boston. $350,000 + interest will take years to erase. That said, it's not hard to find a position in a different state. Just make sure you have your dental license lined up.

Reactions: 1 user
But how easy is it for a dentist to find jobs in different states. Because ultimately I'd like to live in the Boston area and establish myself in that area.

You're not going to be able to AFFORD to live in Boston if you go to Tufts, owing 550k.

Reactions: 1 users