MOC ABPMR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clubdeac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else about ready to go rogue and do something rash?!?! I've been trying to complete my stupid, asinine "Part II: Lifelong Learning - Self Assessment" and I'm about ready to lose it! You apparently have to do 4 over the 10 year period. I go to the damn apmr.org website which then redirects me to another website which requires a login and password. I am then again redirected to another website which requires another login and password. I complete one of these activities (took several hrs) and sent my certificate to Brittney Gengler at AAPMR. She writes me back saying it wasn't ABPMR approved and does not fill the requirement! But I can claim "ONE" category 1 CME credit. WTH!?! I then found out that any of the self assessments cost $165. This is a ****ing maddening racket! Something seriously needs to be done!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It is a complete joke and the way that they hold us hostage. The entire MOC program should be shut down as should the ABPMR. The problem goes all the way up to the bureaucrats at the ACGME and the extortion that is MOC. The entire staffs of ACGME and ABPMR should be fired.

Anyone else about ready to go rogue and do something rash?!?! I've been trying to complete my stupid, asinine "Part II: Lifelong Learning - Self Assessment" and I'm about ready to lose it! You apparently have to do 4 over the 10 year period. I go to the damn apmr.org website which then redirects me to another website which requires a login and password. I am then again redirected to another website which requires another login and password. I complete one of these activities (took several hrs) and sent my certificate to Brittney Gengler at AAPMR. She writes me back saying it wasn't ABPMR approved and does not fill the requirement! But I can claim "ONE" category 1 CME credit. WTH!?! I then found out that any of the self assessments cost $165. This is a ****ing maddening racket! Something seriously needs to be done!

I've already done so for the same reasons. I spent thousands on projects that were initially approved and then the requirement changed. And I discovered this after I took and passed the exam. Luckily, I can't be denied staff privileges for not being BC anymore in my state. All of my local hospitals' medical staff bylaws also just demand MOL and not MOC.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a complete joke and the way that they hold us hostage. The entire MOC program should be shut down as should the ABPMR. The problem goes all the way up to the bureaucrats at the ACGME and the extortion that is MOC. The entire staffs of ACGME and ABPMR should be fired.

You probably mean ABMS rather than ACGME. ACGME oversees med schools and training programs, not board certifications
SAE through AAPM&R seems straightforward but are time limited, maybe yours expired? It should all remain in AAPMR and not redirect to another site

the latest update is disappointing. The timeline is too long and they continue to profit off the status quo. Change is necessary, the only purpose of a pilot would be to test the usability of the internet platform and troubleshoot to optimize implementation. They're acting like this has to be a research study with a valid conclusion justifying MOC change which is nonsense and completely misses the point. It looks like a bigger waste of time for pilot participants. It's time to push for lawsuits and legislation outlawing this

http://www.abpmr.org/news/certlink/CertLink.html

And not planning on ending testing for subspecialty cert.

Better to support laws changing like in OK rather than organized medicine.

Any advice on studying for the PM&R MOC recertification exam?
Thanks

Any advice on studying for the PM&R MOC recertification exam?
Thanks
I am signed up to take this MOC recertification exam in February. What should I study if any?