MOC Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

resxn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the MOC recert Board Exam on Feb 6th. Just some thoughts now that it's marinated a bit. Overall, easier exam than I expected. 80 questions (I went back and reread about 25 of them and only changed 1 answer) took about 75 minutes. Went faster than I anticipated. I took the general. More clinically relevant than the initial boards. Much less basic science. There were questions that were clearly designed to assess literature knowledge. I studied Pasha only and supplemented only when I was confused or unclear. The new Pasha contradicts itself a few times between chapters. For those preparing to take it in the upcoming years, don't stress about it like the regular boards, you'll need to study, but you won't need to be a freaking supercomputer to pass it. So I say having not yet received my score. . .

Members don't see this ad.

Good to know. I'm glad to say I've got a few more years before I have to worry about it.

Thanks for the info. I'm eligible next year. Not sure what I'm going to do with all the moc annual exams I haven't taken. Probably a marathon one for these days.

Sent via Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad that competency in our field can be assessed with an 80 question multiple choice test every 10 years. That should make everyone feel a lot better.

Your scores will be sent once the check clears :)

Reactions: 1 user
I love the cut off date. I guess those graduating before the cut off just have better retention and are all around better docs so they don't need recertification.

Sent via Tapatalk

I love the cut off date. I guess those graduating before the cut off just have better retention and are all around better docs so they don't need recertification.

Sent via Tapatalk

I would imagine a multivariate analysis of that cohort would reveal that all of the ABO officials who decided the cutoff date graduated before said cutoff date.

I would imagine a multivariate analysis of that cohort would reveal that all of the ABO officials who decided the cutoff date graduated before said cutoff date.

I'm guessing that'll be a univariate analysis and correct. Also, no doubt on the check clearing first.