Moc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McSorely

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Fellows can claim CME during fellowship? Also does a fellowship count as your requirements for the first two year cycle?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot to mention the two year cycle is in regards to the MOC after you get the board certificate

Does anyone know if Fellows can claim CME during fellowship? Also does a fellowship count as your requirements for the first two year cycle?
Thanks

I would check with ABP website and email them if you are still unclear.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fellowship counts toward the first cycle. As always, confirm with the ABP for anything specific to yourself. I believe you can start submitting MOC material at any time, including answering questions such as when you were last in a fellowship, but it's been a while since I logged in and looked around.

An ACGME accredited fellowship does satisfy the first 2 year requirement for MOC. It's really easy to submit the info on the website....took less than a minute of my time...and $50.

yep. you just check the box that says you were a fellow and that counts for two years of GME.