MOCA safety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cincincyreds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the cme for MOCA safety which unit would be most efficient to do for the 20 points that is needed?

Members don't see this ad.

For the cme for MOCA safety which unit would be most efficient to do for the 20 points that is needed?

I believe the ASA Simstat modules (5 in total) qualify not just for the QI project but also as patient safety credits.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I went to echo week last year, tried to separate the CME out to some safety and some not, as I was supposed to. ABA bunched them all together and made all 26.5cme as safety! So I guess I'm done lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I would also like to know what people here think are the easiest ways to achieve this. It looks difficult from a logistic standpoint and may be costly as well. I cannot wait to quit having to jump through these ridiculous, stupid hoops.

I would also like to know what people here think are the easiest ways to achieve this. It looks difficult from a logistic standpoint and may be costly as well. I cannot wait to quit having to jump through these ridiculous, stupid hoops.

Agree. The safety ones are the hardest to satisfy.

Agree. The safety ones are the hardest to satisfy.

There are one or two free on the Asa website. U Mich has a bunch on their website maybe 9 credits. Then there are another maybe 9 credits about EEG and Anesthesia from some anesthesia research society. All free and automatically transferred to ABA.

I did them all on the same day and then learned ABA will only credit 10 for the first 5 years FYI so only do 10.

In 5 years I’ll Google and ABA search again and see what’s around ..

Reactions: 1 user
I went to echo week last year, tried to separate the CME out to some safety and some not, as I was supposed to. ABA bunched them all together and made all 26.5cme as safety! So I guess I'm done lol.
Just as an update, they recently remedied this. Got an email from the ABA saying they did an audit of their CME and were correcting it. So now I only have 7 safety credits.

I believe the ASA Simstat modules (5 in total) qualify not just for the QI project but also as patient safety credits.
Yeah, and just buy the bundle. I got one to try it out then got the rest. It costs like $300 more that way.

As someone who just became board certified, does anyone have good resources/guidance for starting the CME / MOCA process? Any tips would be very appreciated when it comes to good/cheap/time efficient sources of credits and any other useful tidbits of information.

There are one or two free on the Asa website. U Mich has a bunch on their website maybe 9 credits. Then there are another maybe 9 credits about EEG and Anesthesia from some anesthesia research society. All free and automatically transferred to ABA.

I did them all on the same day and then learned ABA will only credit 10 for the first 5 years FYI so only do 10.

In 5 years I’ll Google and ABA search again and see what’s around ..
This is what I did. I used the CME passport site and filtered for free. The EEG ones were a PITA but got me 9 credits. The ASA website you login and you can also search for free modules. It also appeared you could sign up for U of M and attend conferences for credits but I ended up getting all 20 for free. Unlike Hoya, I got all 20 this year and I am year 3 of this current cycle.

I gotta say, it’s getting harder to find places that actually offer MOCA sim. The Simstat thing is expensive, but I think I’m just going to fork it over since flying some place, staying in a hotel and the cost of the course is a ridiculous amount of money. It’s too bad, because I actually like the course and think it’s good training.