Mock Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOhopefulontarion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an interview coming up at KCU and this is my only interview so far. I was wondering if any current student or anyone else would be willing to do a mock interview with me. I want to give my best as this is my top choice. Thanks 🙂

Members don't see this ad.

How to nail your interview? Project warmth. I know this is stressful, but we expect you to be warm and calm when stressed as a physician. Connect with the interviewer. Ask them how they are doing at the beginning when you greet them. Be prepared to discuss any aspect of your app, research, motivation, volunteering, honors, extracurricular, sports, arts, etc. Practice, a lot. The goal is to provide original responses while being conversational. We know you are nervous, but as a former interviewer, I definitely felt the interview went better if the student did not provide stilted, rehearsed responses. Don't panic if at the end I ask an open opened question, with no correct answer, and I take the opposite side. Then I proceed to argue with you. I'm not trying to derail the interview, I just seeing how far I can take you out your decision making tree. Make up some questions you would ask a student if you were interviewing them for med school. Have a friend ask you these questions and you answer them. Practicing is VERY important. An interview is essentially an oral/talking exam. So practice talking. You will be surprised how awkward you are as you start practicing. Practicing will help reduce the stress. Good luck with your upcoming interview!

Reactions: 1 users