Mock Interviews vs. real thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silas2642

silas2642
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had my first mock interview today. I was more scared than I thought I would be... rambled on and on and didn't say a lot of things that I really wanted to say? Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have experience with mock interviews? Please tell me their interview went better.

Members don't see this ad.

silas2642 said:
So I had my first mock interview today. I was more scared than I thought I would be... rambled on and on and didn't say a lot of things that I really wanted to say? Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have experience with mock interviews? Please tell me their interview went better.

my mock interview was incredibly awkward. if you think about it, its a really strange artificial situation. my real interviews have been much more conversational (instead of straight Q and A like the mock) and meaningful.

you'll do fine!

had a mock interview monday. It was definitely awkward. Got a video tape of myself too... REALLY awkward... :(

I never did any mock interviews... Most people seem to agree that you'll do your best in interviews if you just relax and "be yourself." I'm not saying mock interviews aren't helpful but I wouldn't obsess about trying to "perfect" your responses because in the real thing most often it's very free-flowing and conversational.