MODS? Sub-forum formation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

american red

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mods would it be possible to have a seperate clinical psychology forum for graduate programs applications, GRE prep etc. Im thinking a "pre-acceptance" and "post-acceptance" split perhaps. I think it would be pain free and would make this forum much more organized.

Members don't see this ad.

Good idea, but we don't get enough traffic to really warrant a split. I try and keep things organized in here, with varying degrees of success because of the amount of time that would take. I could make a stickie with links to all of the current threads for stuff like that. I'd of course need help with this, so ya'll don't get off that easy. :D

What does everyone else think about this?

i think it's a good idea.

personally, now im out the application process, i don't want to hear anything about the gre and lors and pois :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I do believe that it's been suggested previously. And, although I think that it would be a nice change (because I have no desire to read about GREs, etc.), I also know that there aren't that many applicants who stick around post-acceptance, leaving a fairly small forum even smaller if it's divided into two.

Plus advice from current grad students was so helpful for me during the ap. process. I'd hate to see us split up and I'd be happy to advise those applying next year.

I vote for one forum.

I think the issue with splitting it up is that current students would be less likely to visit the pre-attendance forum and some of the value of the pre-attendance forum would be lost. Additionally, some of the conversations about issues during grad school are good for the pre-attendance people to see but they would be less likely to see it if there were two forums.

You don't HAVE to read the threads about GREs. And I would hope that those who the forum helped during app time would be nice enough to help those applying in future years.

I'm well aware that I do not have to read threads about GREs. And most of the time I choose not to bother with them IF I know that they include such information. However, there are a good number of threads inundated with this information, regardless of the topic, so you end up reading about them anyway. The point being that the good majority of the topics on this forum are regarding the application process, with the GREs being only one aspect of that process. I personally do not care to read about most of the issues relevant to applying to grad school. Most of the threads on this forum are just that, so there would be no point in divvying them up to pre- and post-application subforums when the post-forum would likely be nonexistent.

(And, before anyone chimes in, as is usually done, yeah, I could post about post-application process crap just like any other... Unfortunately, I do have other obligations that typically prevent me from spending any amount of time to *thoughtful* contribution to the forum. Ergo, go blow yourself.* :smuggrin: )

** Please note that "yourself" is not directed at any one person and is a preemptive strike against anyone who feels it necessary to point out my lack of contribution to the forum. And, yes, I am really bored right now because my frakkin' participant did not show and now I am stuck waiting for the next one 2.5 hours away. Yippee.

Plus advice from current grad students was so helpful for me during the ap. process. I'd hate to see us split up and I'd be happy to advise those applying next year.

I agree. I'd just as soon see it stay as one.

(And, before anyone chimes in, as is usually done, yeah, I could post about post-application process crap just like any other... Unfortunately, I do have other obligations that typically prevent me from spending any amount of time to *thoughtful* contribution to the forum. Ergo, go blow yourself.* :smuggrin: )

** Please note that "yourself" is not directed at any one person and is a preemptive strike against anyone who feels it necessary to point out my lack of contribution to the forum. And, yes, I am really bored right now because my frakkin' participant did not show and now I am stuck waiting for the next one 2.5 hours away. Yippee.

Haha...this made me laugh. Paramour, I love that you never mince words.