mohs interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1112656

I know the mohs/procedural fellowship application deadlines have still not passed for many programs, but does anyone know generally when one expects to hear back about interviews (if one was to get an interview)?

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard that most invites go out in September / October, and most are done with their interviews by early November.

Just received my first rejection via the SFMatch messaging system. I am sure that there are other programs who have already rejected me too, but not every program sends out rejection emails (which I greatly appreciate tbh).

Reactions: 1 user
I had interview offers from mid August until late November. Very variable, but most were in September IIRC.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any interview invites gone out yet?

I've gotten a few rejections but no interviews. :(

I don't know what i preferred more - silence or all of these rejections...I did get asked for a couple of supplementary applications in the last couple of weeks, but no interviews so far, just rejections (I think 4 so far)

would be nice to have a centralized anonymous google spreadsheet like for derm residency application

The Mohs exam is in early Oct. I would imagine faculty is busy studying for that and may look at applications after. There isn't a big rush on their side. Many places take internal, and others interview very few (like 4).

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know what i preferred more - silence or all of these rejections...I did get asked for a couple of supplementary applications in the last couple of weeks, but no interviews so far, just rejections (I think 4 so far)
How many supplementary applications are "invite-only" vs. part of the initial application package?

I can’t tell if other programs asked, but I did supplemental for UCSD, UAB birm, UC Irvine, UC Davis, UT Southwestern…that may be all the one year programs, can’t remember off the top of my head

I didn't get a supplemental from UAB, but they rejected me earlier this week or last week, so they must have screened.

I was wondering if everyone got the save the date notice from UC Irvine for their interview dates?

I can’t tell if other programs asked, but I did supplemental for UCSD, UAB birm, UC Irvine, UC Davis, UT Southwestern…that may be all the one year programs, can’t remember off the top of my head
Didn't get secondaries from UAB or UTSW! Did get a secondary from MUSC though.

I didn't get a supplemental from UAB, but they rejected me earlier this week or last week, so they must have screened.

I was wondering if everyone got the save the date notice from UC Irvine for their interview dates?
I got the save the date for UCI as well.

Also if y'all want to chat more, I'll be asking the derm match 2022 discord mod to add a mohs channel.

Last edited: